A stats editor for Version 3.2 (requires MS Excel)

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

A stats editor for Version 3.2 (requires MS Excel)

Post by MIH-XTC »

Attached is a stats editor for version 3.2 that I made using Microsoft Excel. Some of you may already be familiar with this idea from previous threads I made but this editor is capable of generating (exporting) all of the .json files in one single click, no questions asked. I basically loaded all of the single and multiplayer .json stats files into excel then wrote some VBA to auto export to .json.

It was a HUGE pain to get the .json files to generate properly. What I thought would take a week or two turned into ~2 months :augh:

I'm just glad it's over. I wanted to add more support for formula calculation and some other functionality but I already sank too much time into this and my motivation has been severely drained.

Unfortunately this editor does not work for UNIX users or with any other open source spreadsheet software such as OpenOffice or LibreOffice, it only works in Microsoft Excel.

This editor is very helpful in tracking, analyzing, testing and deploying changes to the stats files. Especially changes in bulk quantities. Now anyone can easily edit the stats.

I hope it was worth the time it took to make it.

If you find errors when generating the .json files let me know, I literally reviewed every single line of every file. I also verified that all of the exported files correctly load into 3.2 without errors and played a few games to verify.

Hopefully the spreadsheet formatting turns out the same for other Excel users, I used Excel 2013 to make it. Here's what it looks like from my screen.

EDIT: Uhg, the body.json is not generating properly, I'll fix it in a few.