Petition to reinstate Guard, Persue and Hold orders!

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.

Should the Guard Position & Pursue Orders be brought back?

Yes
94%
No
6%

Total votes: 77

Berg
Regular
Regular

Re: Petition to reinstate Guard, Persue and Hold orders!

Post by Berg » 24 Mar 2019, 23:56

Neovita wrote:
23 Mar 2019, 19:35
Every time you switch the state of a secondary command using interface buttons (e.g from Persure to Guard or from Hold to Guard) the ongoing executed order like "attack that guy over there" or "move there" or even a queue of movement orders (using shift) is getting cancelled and the units execute the "Stop" command once.
I dont think this is new behavour for unit orders i think this was introduced maybe before when the orders was taken out for i used to be able to tell a truck to built something like a derrick and then give it away it used tom continue to build the derrick but in the new player colour this no longer works or send a mess of tanks to a spot and give them away they would continue to that spot but not now in 3.3.0beta1
I think this is not unit order related its and error introduced before

Neovita
New user

Post by Neovita » 25 Mar 2019, 00:35

Berg, you might be right about that. I were way to long away from the WZ scene, to be able to say that for sure =) Still working myself trough all the changes and some of the commits since version 2.3 wich will take some time ofc :(

LezzoMazonn
New user

Post by LezzoMazonn » 18 May 2019, 18:59

I can't understand why they have been removed, it's not true they never worked. Don't know about multiplayer, but in the campaing they worked for sure.
It's a pain to micromanage your troops because mortars keep running forward into enemy base because enemy retreated back to base.
Is there a button for it? Please tell me there is one

pastdue
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by pastdue » 19 May 2019, 23:04

The good news is that Guard, Persue and Hold ("secondary unit orders") are on track to return for 3.3.0_beta2, which will hopefully be out soon-ish.