Changes are coming!

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Re: Changes are coming!

Post by Terminator »

Yea, I think better with blue - its better readability.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Tzeentch wrote: Agreed. I'll check first hand how this works when I get time, I tried downloading the file on windows 7 and extracting with 7zip, where does it have to be extracted to as the game I got to open but wouldn't play any games without crashing. No skirmish, campagin, tutorial, fastplay or online
:hmm:
Oh, and in case people didn't know, you don't have to get the installer each time a new commit is made, we have just the .exe available at http://buildbot.wz2100.net/files/master ... /main-exe/
If data changes, then you do need the whole thing though. (Windows only)
So.. you need the installer on data changes & 1st time install. The 7z version is ONLY the exe, no data files. You need them.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole WarzoneπŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™Š contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Post by Tzeentch »

I re-installed warzone, and also downloaded the buildbot exe file, extracted to warzone folder. But have same issue.

game crashes on launching any game time.

here is also the file structure to show it.
Attachments
structure.png
error-again..png
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

I have the same structure without crashes :o
I had also to re-install for another reason.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Tzeentch wrote:I re-installed warzone, and also downloaded the buildbot exe file, extracted to warzone folder. But have same issue.
Again...
vexed wrote: :hmm:
Oh, and in case people didn't know, you don't have to get the installer each time a new commit is made, we have just the .exe available at http://buildbot.wz2100.net/files/master ... /main-exe/
If data changes, then you do need the whole thing though. (Windows only)
So.. you need the installer on data changes & 1st time install. The 7z version is ONLY the exe, no data files. You need them.
3.1.2 != master. They are different data. So, you fall under the 1st time install, get the installer from the buildbot.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole WarzoneπŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™Š contra principia negantem non est disputandum
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

OK, Pushed the changes for the blue box + all that other stuff.... 38b4fe129d52 is where master's HEAD right now.

P.S, there are data changes, so you need the installer, NOT the 7z version!
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Post by Tzeentch »

think we could use some details like "click this" download that, run this. press ok. Done level of instructions
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Good readable :-) I have no problems with the colours.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Tzeentch wrote:think we could use some details like "click this" download that, run this. press ok. Done level of instructions
:hmm:
Um...there are only 2 files, not sure why the confusion?
/files/master/windows/warzone2100-master-20150406-023751-38b4fe1.exe 06-Apr-2015 01:31 96M
vs
/files/master/windows/main-exe/warzone2100-master-20150406-023751-38b4fe1.exe.7z 06-Apr-2015 01:32 21M
So, we got 1 file that is 96 MB, and another that is 21MB.
The installer is obviously, the 96MB version, since it has all the data. The other one is just 1 file that is meant to replace the executable when there are no data changes, that is why it is so small at 21MB.
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Post by Tzeentch »

ah right, I wasn't aware of the parent directory. Works now.

I've been trying it out and I like this. Fancy colours when I pickup an oil drum, messages are good, can see what stuff costs now and hitpoints of things.

Locked teams with no research sharing is also a bonus!

:P
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Tzeentch wrote: Fancy colours when I pickup an oil drum

:P
And exactly these senseless and stupid oil drums makes the whole new idea ( costs for building an oil derrick) useless. Give me one oil drum in my base and i will win every 1 vs. 1 game against the best player. The oil drums must be banned. Because the balance is the most important thing i like in Warzone 2100 (IMHO) :cry:
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Post by Tzeentch »

I'd like to see proof of that. I have to overrule the ban on those, what if your opponent also gets one? What if they find 2 or more and you get none. This adds another task mid game of finding oil drums to be ahead. Far as I know they are randomly placed. If anything we should have an option to configure oil drums on or off in the menu. Then you can choose "yes" or "no chance" I think this is a suitable compromise.

p.s. in the multi play menu when locked teams and locked teams with no shared research, can these have (I am assuming already planned) different icons :?:
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Tzeentch wrote:I'd like to see proof of that. I have to overrule the ban on those, what if your opponent also gets one? What if they find 2 or more and you get none. This adds another task mid game of finding oil drums to be ahead. Far as I know they are randomly placed. If anything we should have an option to configure oil drums on or off in the menu. Then you can choose "yes" or "no chance" I think this is a suitable compromise.
There are oil drums placed by the map maker...thats ok. And there are the accidential oil drums. Sometimes directly in the base. This is a big advantage at the beginning. 1 drum = 1 factory. I want to remember, that we have a long discussion about the balance flamers/mg last year. Changed-ok. Now we have the new idea with the costs to build an oil derrick.(I like it). And it seems, that nobody cares about these drums :(
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

It is true that the random barrels can be unfair, it is all based on quasi-luck on the placement.
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Post by Tzeentch »

well people can learn hmm maybe I should aggressively seek barrels :...: then they cannot spend that unit doing other tasks perhaps. I see this as no issue.

You could also argue another point like the players at the top of the map have an advantage due to building placement facing the right way, south players can rotate but takes more time. Depends how far you wish to take this.

When will these changes be released in a new official version? What else is planned? Such as Longer research items list :wink: