Warzone 2100 v3.1.2 issue

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: Warzone 2100 v3.1.2 issue

Post by vexed »

NoQ wrote:
vexed wrote:For what it is worth, the campaign is also being re-written in JS, so any campaign bugs should be noted.
I'd vote for having a better place for that; either bug tracker with easily searchable tag and sorting by level, or maybe a wiki page listing known campaign bugs (or just issues to be aware of). I'd never find this thread when i reach these levels.
Oh, I didn't mean to post bug reports here, I just assumed people would know to report bugs to the tracker. :stressed:
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

vexed wrote: Oh, I didn't mean to post bug reports here, I just assumed people would know to report bugs to the tracker. :stressed:
Don`t worry-we know, that here isn`t the place to report bugs. There is no doubt a misunderstanding here. :)
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

Oh, I didn't mean to post bug reports here, I just assumed people would know to report bugs to the tracker.
i do use the tracker when I'm sure it is a bug and not just something glitching on my computer but on the whole i generally find the forum software simpler to use so might be a good idea to set up a board on the forum where people can discuss bugs and glitches and maybe have a sticky for the campaign listing common issues and how to solve and then maybe do a second sticky covering skirmish mode/online play

doing this avoids the tracker getting bloated with issues that are not bugs or glitches but problems with the users computer like bad or out dated drivers i would also think it would make it easier to track down the cause of bugs if you don't have so much stuff to go through something worth thinking about at any rate.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

With regard to the issues I've been having with the latest build of Warzone v3.1.2 I checked my graphics card drivers and they are the latest version

so unless there is an issue with the latest version of there drivers for my card then it’s not my graphics card/drivers causing the crash.

I also tried to check my chip set drivers but the update client doesn’t work with XP any more so I’ve emailed intel see if they can help me to identify what drivers I need so I can check and see if they need updating

about the only other thing i can think of on my end that would be causing this issue baring any bad hardware which is unlikely given that most of the hardware in this computer is less than a year old is if something in the OS its self is corrupted either that or maybe there's a software conflict with something in running on my system ?? although if that's the case I'm not sure how i would go about tracking it down, although that also seems unlikely since i don't have any issue with anything else on my system crashing.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

hi all

Ok so I been playing through the campaign on version Warzone v2.3.9 which so far as I’m able to tell was the last released version before the 3x series because I wanted to see if the errors I was seeing are a result of something glitching on my computer or if it’s a problem with the game its self and it would appear at least for the crash to desktop it is a problem with the game because thus far on version 2.3.9 I have not been able to replicate the crash

With regards to the missing units on gamma 5/6 which ever one it was I cant comment on that at the moment because I’m only at the start of beta campaign on v2.3.9 unfortunately I couldn’t reuse my saves fro 3.1.2 due to the change in save formats

Talking of which could the change to the save format possibly be what’s is causing the crash because most commonly the crash to desk top happens after a reload on v3.1.2 and given that the save format was change between 2.3.9 and 3x this could account for what I’m seeing on my end if as you say you cant find a problem with the games code that would account for what in seeing
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Bethrezen wrote:
With regards to the missing units on gamma 5/6 which ever one it was I cant comment on that at the moment because I’m only at the start of beta campaign on v2.3.9 unfortunately I couldn’t reuse my saves fro 3.1.2 due to the change in save formats
hmmm-why don`t you speed up with the cheat "biffer baker" ? Should not has a influence on the game
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.