Dependencies for master

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: misc stuff moved from testing thread

Post by vexed »

Iluvalar wrote:

Code: Select all

piestate.cpp: In function ‘GLuint pie_LoadShader(const char*, const char*, const char*)’:
piestate.cpp:261:8: error: ‘GLEW_VERSION_4_3’ was not declared in this scope
piestate.cpp:261:28: error: ‘GLEW_KHR_debug’ was not declared in this scope
I already changed libglew1.5-dev for libglew1.6-dev that's still not good enough ?
It is not.
You want either 1.9.0 or 1.10.0.

And anyway, updating to ubuntu 14.x wouldn't hamper your system by that much, and 12 isn't supported any more. That is why they made a 14.x LTS release.

Terminator, that is odd, it shouldn't make a difference, since the libs that master uses are qt5 specific, nothing should clash with the qt 4.x.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

vexed wrote:Terminator, that is odd, it shouldn't make a difference, since the libs that master uses are qt5 specific, nothing should clash with the qt 4.x.
this is nothing odd I guess, if you install two QT versions, you should choose somehow one of them. by default Kubuntu environment "looks" for qt4 folder, qtchooser let you change that.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Iluvalar wrote:I already changed libglew1.5-dev for libglew1.6-dev that's still not good enough ?
GLEW 1.6 was released in 2011.

Current version is 1.12.

But in an effort to make you happy, I pushed a workaround that sets these defines to false if you happen to have an ancient version of GLEW on your system.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Per wrote: GLEW 1.6 was released in 2011.

Current version is 1.12.

But in an effort to make you happy, I pushed a workaround that sets these defines to false if you happen to have an ancient version of GLEW on your system.
Ty. But still have the same error with.

Code: Select all

#define GLEW_VERSION_4_3 false
#define GLEW_KHR_debug false
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Terminator wrote: this is nothing odd I guess, if you install two QT versions, you should choose somehow one of them. by default Kubuntu environment "looks" for qt4 folder, qtchooser let you change that.
Just to clarify, because some people keep e-mailing me about it, qtchooser -list-versions shows you what versions of Qt you have on system.
Then you do export QT_SELECT = qt5 (or one of the ones listed by qtchooser) and it should work.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.