Trucks Issues

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
DevilBoy
New user

Trucks Issues

Post by DevilBoy »

Hello everyone , i just created this account because i encountered a issue , i really like this game and im glad that i see it active until now , getting improvements and new features from developers :) im playing this since the old times with PS1
Now the problem here is that the trucks are somehow dumb , i readed a topic about this and saw hat is kinda fixed on 3.1.2 but still when i try to construct something those on front are constructing and those behind are making cyrcles , same with the tanks and other when trying to squizz somewere :P
i remember when the trucks were pushing other units and they opened the way and was working really well but now they just refuse to push or open the way
wuz21m
Trained
Trained

Re: Trucks Issues

Post by wuz21m »

Welcome :)

I believe this is a problem with pathing. The units right now do not do collective path planning, so it is anarchy. But you know, there was this delicious Starcraft path finding hack: http://www.codeofhonor.com/blog/the-sta ... nding-hack
Even Starcraft 2 (where they had a dedicated water effect developer) still uses this hack.

Speaking of which, are there any people doing work on improving path finding?
DevilBoy
New user

Post by DevilBoy »

Yes it must be a pathfinding issue , also i managed to get on my hands the original Warzone 2100 with the official update 1.10 , i saw that when chosing the units and order to go to a place not only they help each other to move trough hard areas but also at the end they staying in formation ! i noticed also that when trying to kill an enemy unit they dont rush on it and shootinng like crazy , they go to the range that the weapon has and starting shooting from there , safe and strategyc way :P
also saw some crazy mess up with the vindicator that sometimes its shooting the missiles anywere but the target :P
Cant the developers somehow grab the pathfinding of the original version ? about the other issues i suppose it needs better coding
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Cant the developers somehow grab the pathfinding of the original version ?
Formation movement has never worked in multiplayer (it looked as if it's working, but was not synced across different machines), hence no. Also, original pathfinder had bigger problems, eg. sometimes lagged for many minutes (after click before units moved).
Speaking of which, are there any people doing work on improving path finding?
Not yet/much, i think.