(Arreon) I'd like to become a dev for WZ's audio department

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Sibernethy
Greenhorn

(Arreon) I'd like to become a dev for WZ's audio department

Post by Sibernethy »

I just talked to one of the devs in one of the IRC channels and he told me I could post here until my new account passes the staff review. I'm Arreon, for those who remember. My new account is Sibernethy and unfortunately, I cannot log back into my old account and do not want to risk a hemorrhage trying to log back in.

Now to the point:

I want to sign up as a developer for Warzone's audio department. I am a sound engineer by trade and besides making my own sounds, I also have an old pre-release demo of Warzone 2100, dating back to December 1998; I remember supplying BlackProject with the contents of the demo for his Nostalgia Mod.

These sound effects are the same as the ones used in the master branch but the quality is actually better than the ones currently used and can be used as an audio patch. It's been almost 6 years since I joined the forums and recently, I feel it's died a little since the heartbleed incident. I'm here to try and revive the community by offering my skills with audio creation and manipulation.

I had to jump through quite a few hoops just to be able to post this thread, so I really do hope this will work.

-- Arreon
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: (Arreon) I'd like to become a dev for WZ's audio departm

Post by stiv »

(discussion on IRC -dev channel about getting involved)

Welcome! The more, the merrier. If you have questions, feel free to ask either on the forums (eventually the moderation thing goes away) or IRC.