Warzone 2100 - Help needed

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
veronicas
New user

Warzone 2100 - Help needed

Post by veronicas »

Hello,

I am a student from University of Geneva and I am preparing my master thesis on localization of open source video games. I am really interested in getting some input from the development of Warzone 2100.

If any developer who can answer a few questions about localization / internationalization of the game has some free time (next week or so), would you be willing to complete a survey for my study, please? The survey is short and confidential. I will send an email with a link to my survey (on Limesurvey) through my institutional email <>. I would need your email address to send you an invitation.

I really hope you can help me.

Best,

Veronica
Last edited by Staff on 30 Oct 2014, 03:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: e-mail removed to prevent people from pretending to be devs.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: Warzone 2100 - Help needed

Post by vexed »

Would be easier to just ask questions here...
IIRC, the localization using gettext was done before my arrival.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Legion
Greenhorn

Post by Legion »

This list of most -- if not all -- of the people who recently developed for this game during this forum's lifespan may be of use to you: memberlist.php?sk=c&sd=a&username=&icq= ... searchuser

You could possibly find some of those members in the IRC chat room in case they miss this thread, or perhaps run into one of them in a game lobby :wink:

Also, this prompted me to do a quick Wikipedia search, producing these results: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?tit ... edirect=no, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warzone_2100#History

I feel that this game is underrepresented...
veronicas
New user

Post by veronicas »

I know it would be easier to post questions here but it is a research work so universities prefer "formal" documents such as statistics and surveys. Plus, I tried to log into the IRC chat room but I couldn't get in.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

To get into irc dev chat you need to be a registered user AND be using a proper chat client not webchat.
These or blocked for some channels to stop spam the games channel will allow web chat.
veronicas
New user

Post by veronicas »

Aha! Ok, i'll give it a try again. So far no luck :(
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Post by Ezio »

as berg said, you need to register to FreeNode then log-in (/msg NickServ Indentify <pass>) then join warzone2100-dev
veronicas
New user

Post by veronicas »

I see the problem, I can only use the webchat, that's why the system says I'm banned. :/

How can I get a client?
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Post by Ezio »

veronicas wrote:I see the problem, I can only use the webchat, that's why the system says I'm banned. :/

How can I get a client?
opera have built in and i've been using it for years, chatzilla if you use firefox, others could be found in wikipedia
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

veronicas wrote:I see the problem, I can only use the webchat, that's why the system says I'm banned. :/

How can I get a client?
Google IRC client, you will find lots of them.
Most of the devs are in different time zones as well, so actually finding someone in -dev can be difficult.

Right now, you are asking for their private e-mail address, to communicate with them, and that is asking a lot IMO, without posting the questions to see if anyone is interested in helping you.

That way, once they read the questions here, they then can PM you, and from there you both can exchange any information you want.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.