RE: game mods loader

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

RE: game mods loader

Post by Iluvalar »

stiv wrote: If you have some changes you want to make to the game code, we love to get patches!
My fix for an obvious and documented accuracy bug that still cripple the game is on your desk since 2 years. http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/3559
So keep your DIY **** for you. You guys proved you don't want me to help. I won't waste more time on it.

I doubt a program launcher would help, we need a way to download and reload mods from the lobby since it's after you join a game that you know which mod to load...

If it those I'm sorry. I'd be glad to hear it from "those people".
Last edited by vexed on 08 Sep 2014, 05:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Breaking forum rules.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: RE: game mods loader

Post by vexed »

Iluvalar, if you would kindly remove your head out of your posterior, you would have read the comments for that patch, and would have seen that you would have to redo pretty much all of the stats again.
Did you do that ?
No.
You just sit there and whine just because something you made wasn't accepted yet, because it was flawed, and unfinished.

If you want to help, fine, help, and make patches that make the game better, that is what we all want.
If you don't like how this project is run, then fork it, and do whatever you want, nobody is stopping you.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Huh, sorry I read again and I fail to see... which stats would I have to redo ?

Only the last balance change might have a double effect with that patch. Since it was a "feel" balance based on the buggy code. But I'm totally fine to balance it and talk with others once the bug will be fixed.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

come on vexed ! You are just proving my point here by not even responding...

you said yourself about that bug "This would seem to change balance in a rather big way."

Despite the evidence I gathered to demonstrate that YES it actually does, you maintain it purposefully in the code. You're just flipping the problem upside down. Why would I have to redo the stats for a problem that I fix ?
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

Patience, grasshopper. Some people have jobs. He will be back.

Personally, I have stayed out of the Balance Wars. IMHO, it is a fever swamp of people throwing around numbers with little justification and basically advocating for their particular playing style. Without a mechanism to replay and evaluate changes, I expect it to stay that way.

Launchers and mod-loaders, now that is interesting!
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

advocating for their particular playing style
Yeah, target playing style needs to be enforced by the game creators.
Otherwise balance is not even well-defined.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

stiv wrote: Launchers and mod-loaders, now that is interesting!
Again, I'll repeat. The game is already able to reload data from mapmods on the fly for inside the game. Adding a new pages for mods, allowing mod transfer from the lobby (like maps) and then loading it at game start for everyone shouldn't be complicated at all.

I don't see why you'd need a launcher if you can click any mod you want from game settings. Unless I missed something ?
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

shouldn't be complicated at all.
Famous Last Words in the world of computer programming.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

stiv wrote:
shouldn't be complicated at all.
Famous Last Words in the world of computer programming.
How making a autonomous launcher is supposed to be easier ? You say that like if I didn't seriously looked at the code to see what have to be done.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

stiv wrote:
Patience, grasshopper. Some people have jobs. He will be back.

Personally, I have stayed out of the Balance Wars. IMHO, it is a fever swamp of people throwing around numbers with little justification and basically advocating for their particular playing style. Without a mechanism to replay and evaluate changes, I expect it to stay that way.

Launchers and mod-loaders, now that is interesting!
So 2 weeks later... Am I patient YES. Does someone care about fixing obvious balance breaking bugs (with actual patch readily available) NO.