Few bugs in units scripts

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
beholder33
Rookie
Rookie

Few bugs in units scripts

Post by beholder33 »

Within version 3.1.1 i've found a few minor bugs that which however alter the gameplay a bit.

1. Artillery units attached to sensor tend to bug themselves if they have order to hold position, they will occasionally tend to sit in one place and not follow the sensor when they get out of range and attached units that have defensive mode set will rage-rush targets after one salvo if the sensor is auto-locking targets while being stationary(often driving into enemy defenses and being killed) , however they will follow the sensor if they are out of range. (i'd also like to see a button for detachment of units from following sensor on the sensor command panel or smt)

2. The units attack priority scripts are either bugged or overloaded and units do not manage to execute them properly (as it was mentioned in a post some time ago)

3. On large maps vs AI (null bot) i've noticed that when AI is trying to launch a strike with semi-large group of units and one or two units in front will get heavy damaged or die, AI will retreat with whole group for a short while then try again and keeps doing that until it takes different patch for attack or most of units die, then he retreats to nearest repair station.

4. When shorter range units are attached to a command unit and command unit is in range to point out a target that is on a high ground, the units attached will rather tend to go alone on a walk of life all around the 9000 hills and cliffs just to touch the target with their guns and kill it after wasting time to get there and leaving their commander alone (or they will sometimes go back to commander due to being to far from him). I have NO idea whether and how could this be improved, it's a minor problem anyway as commanders are rather useless in multiplayer games

5. And at the end a bit of my suggestion, while i was testing contingency mod there was a script that was showing all the possible oil spots on the map despite fog of war, that was actually cool and i would like to see it implemented for good in the next release :)

I hope i did provided some useful info for devs (beside the info that they already have :P)

cheers.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Re: Few bugs in units scripts

Post by Hesterax »

beholder33 wrote: 3. On large maps vs AI (null bot) i've noticed that when AI is trying to launch a strike with semi-large group of units and one or two units in front will get heavy damaged or die, AI will retreat with whole group for a short while then try again and keeps doing that
I'm pretty sure that was what Nullbot was programmed to do, this is a popular move done with players. You see it a lot in Starcraft and other RTS tournaments.
until it takes different patch for attack or most of units die, then he retreats to nearest repair station.
So, are you suggesting Nullbot should go to the repair station earlier?

Otherwise, thanks for your effort. :wink:
Last edited by Hesterax on 08 Mar 2014, 13:15, edited 1 time in total.
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

NullBot2's tactics are still poor, NullBot3 should be a bit better in this aspect.
beholder33
Rookie
Rookie

Post by beholder33 »

well nullbot 2,6 is already a bit better in tactics and pathfinding so i guess it is just a matter of time until AI will become stable and well balanced with the modders effort ^^

however what can you say about that problem with units attached to sensor? i'm more concerned with it than with AI stability.