SharpFlame Warzone Map Editor

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Re: SharpFlame Warzone Map Editor

Post by Rman Virgil »

Was looking at this vis-a-vis the agl BadPixelFormat .... but I'm way outta my depth: :augh:

http://www.mesa3d.org/brianp/sig97/agl.txt
cowboy wrote:Doesn't work on OSX yet ...

Has some "BadPixelFormat" error.

Tested on OSX 10.8.5

Code: Select all

OpenTK.Platform.MacOS.MacOSException: AGL Error from function aglCreateContext: BadPixelFormat  invalid pixel format
  at OpenTK.Platform.MacOS.AglContext.MyAGLReportError (System.String function) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at OpenTK.Platform.MacOS.AglContext.CreateContext (OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode mode, OpenTK.Platform.MacOS.CarbonWindowInfo carbonWindow, IntPtr shareContextRef, Boolean fullscreen) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at OpenTK.Platform.MacOS.AglContext..ctor (OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at OpenTK.Platform.MacOS.MacOSFactory.CreateGLContext (OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor (OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at OpenTK.CarbonGLControl.CreateContext (Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at OpenTK.GLControl.OnHandleCreated (System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Latest OSX Mono build:

Code: Select all

Mono JIT compiler version 3.2.6 ((no/9b58377 Thu Jan 16 17:49:56 EST 2014)
Copyright (C) 2002-2012 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
	TLS:           normal
	SIGSEGV:       altstack
	Notification:  kqueue
	Architecture:  x86
	Disabled:      none
	Misc:          softdebug 
	LLVM:          yes(3.3svn-mono-(no/8bdedb5)
	GC:            sgen
cowboy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cowboy »

Wooo weee!!
Native UIs for Mac, Linux, and Windows coming soon. :P OpenGL code now works on all 3 platforms.

MAC OS X

LINUX

WINDOWZ

Still a ways off before we have a release but this is a significant milestone running Native UIs on all 3 major platforms, Mac, Linux and Windows all running on beautiful C# / Mono no less! =)

--The Sharp Flame Authors [fastdeath & cowboy] :)
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

This is really awesome!
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Would it be correct to infer from the textures loading in the Mac UI that you resolved the bad pixel format issue on the platform ? :hmm:

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
cowboy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cowboy »

Hey Rman,

Absolutely! OpenGL textures loading on all 3 platforms demonstrates that the entire graphics pipeline is firing on all cylinders sharing the same GL drawing code base. There are no more roadblocks on getting things running. =)

We decided to move the UI toward a more native looking UI on each platform. Just need a bit more time to complete this process. =)

Hope all is well Rman!

-cowboy
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

That's great news, cowboy. :D Congrats to both you and fastdeath. :3 Within our Mac base I'm sure there are many folks itching to try out their creative mapping ideas. The other platforms are also looking to FlaME's continued dev. in some key areas. FlaME is, afterall, THE tool for creative expression in WZ that most can learn with a feasible learning curve.

Doing ok, thanks for asking. :) WZ wise, trying to bring to term a project I started 6 months ago that's undergone quite a bit of ambitious evolution from inception and which has also entailed me logging hundreds of hours with FlaME, pushing the envelope of what can be done. Final phase GP tweeking, testing and balancing is proving bearish but I'm just patiently working through it.

Who woulda thought back in 1999 we'd still be around and engaged in 2014. That's almost a generation. Amazing, really. :hmm:

- Cheers, Rman. 8)
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

Holy crap, I just saw the specs for that Win7 PC in the above screenshot. 64GB of RAM? I have machines in service that don't have HARD DISKS that big! :^3
Also known as Subsentient.
AWarZoner
Trained
Trained

Post by AWarZoner »

bendib wrote:Holy crap, I just saw the specs for that Win7 PC in the above screenshot. 64GB of RAM? I have machines in service that don't have HARD DISKS that big! :^3
I have a old HP Laptop with 125 MB RAM and a 33 GB hard disc STILL running LINUX!
nulldev
Greenhorn

Post by nulldev »

Is this dead? Or just slow? Not being hostile, just saying...

An inactive project that has not been updated for 6 months is what I consider dead :(
cowboy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cowboy »

@nulldev, yes, it's still being actively developed.

I'm in the process of a huge refactoring of the code base. Also converting all the UI to native look and feel on Linux, Mac and Windows.

You can check the commit action here:

https://github.com/bchavez/SharpFlame/commits/eto

:ninja:
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Did I read C#?
Oh wait, what forum is this? :hmm:

Ok, jokes aside, I've learned C# as part of my programming knowledge over the course of the last 4 months or something like that. Maybe I can help with this in my spare time since it looks like it'll further the purpose of improving my development skills - and as a bonus, I'll maybe get to collaborate with the WZ2100 project, which I still hold so dear.

Things have been pretty hectic for me in the last days since I'm working, going through university, and giving high school math lectures as charity, but on the next few weeks I'll probably have some more free time than I usually do. I'll get started by downloading the source and studying it to achieve a decent comprehension of the structures.

Ye olde regards,
~Olrox
hay207
New user

Post by hay207 »

how to download the linux installer? , getting an http response error.. :(
http://teamcity.codebetter.com/guestAut ... .Linux.zip
Frogmorton
Trained
Trained

Post by Frogmorton »

I grabbed the source and have the windows gui running (VS2015 community edition).
File/New Map does not do anything, is this supposed to be working yet?
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

It isn't done, and is being worked on when they got time...
The only fully functioning editor right now is still Flame.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
cowboy
Rookie
Rookie

Post by cowboy »

Hey there,

The old link to TeamCity CI is a bit out dated. I'm using AppVeyor now for all CI builds; its 1000x better.

Re: File/New Map

New Map menu item isn't wired up yet. There's still some initialization for new maps that needs to occur before that happens. The old code was using some gnarly Linked List structures that had to be removed to simplify the overall architecture. There was way too much coupling between map data structures.

Currently, the only work flow that is supported is File / Open Map, then modify map, and compile. The result of the compiled map should be runnable inside warzone 3.1x. TinyWar.wz included in the Data/Maps directory is the map I've been testing against.

You can always find the latest builds here:
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/bchavez ... /artifacts