file based menu

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Ezio
Trained
Trained

file based menu

Post by Ezio »

i made a simple patch so backform, text and button placement can be edited (haven't check in-game HUD thought). i was planning to add more variable to clean up some position hacks later. you can test in case there are bugs and tell me what could be improved

put menu.ini inside /user documents/Warzone 2100 Master, beside config file
Attachments
0001-file-based-menu.patch
(43.63 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
data.zip
(3.15 MiB) Downloaded 189 times
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: file based menu

Post by Per »

I'm confused. What kind of useful things can you do with this? All the interesting things are still hard-coded, as far as I can tell.
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Post by Ezio »

Per wrote:I'm confused. What kind of useful things can you do with this? All the interesting things are still hard-coded, as far as I can tell.
un-hard-code all of them is kind of annoying since i need to make a name or each variable to be exported, so i do it little by little.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Sorry, I just do not see this as moving in the right direction, but rather making it harder to un-hard-code it properly later.
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

This is a nice idea. It makes a lot of sense. Good work Ezio. I may implement this in Legacy. Of course, it will be more difficult, since Legacy has switched to a 2.3 codebase.
Also known as Subsentient.
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Post by Ezio »

i was thinking for using script to make those gui, this incomplete export is used for readability so i could tell which defines draw what. so i just need to do something like backform(x,y,w,h) or so.