OSX version using qt backend?

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
fishdude
New user

OSX version using qt backend?

Post by fishdude »

Hello Devs,

would it be possible to create an OSX build with enabled qt backend?
This should enable colored cursors and the ability to switch to another application (cmd+tab) when playing warzone in fullscreen mode. On Linux this is the case (where I build it myself) and I would like to have it on the Mac as well. I already tried to compile it in OSX, but since I'm not skilled in using Xcode I had no success.

Thanks,
<°)>><
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: OSX version using qt backend?

Post by vexed »

There are no devs that have a mac, that is done by the mac maintainer, dak180.

NOTE: The reason we don't use Qt backend, is because the way we interface with Qt doesn't play well with certain systems.
In other words, when we tried releases with it before, we/players noticed lots of issues, so we went back to SDL.

With Qt 5+, we must rewrite pretty much all that code to take advantage of the new way to do things.
We also don't use Qt 5, since our code base needs to be fixed to not use deprecated functions.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

vexed wrote:There are no devs that have a mac, that is done by the mac maintainer, dak180.

NOTE: The reason we don't use Qt backend, is because the way we interface with Qt doesn't play well with certain systems.
In other words, when we tried releases with it before, we/players noticed lots of issues, so we went back to SDL.
QT IS CRAP! DON'T GO BACK TO IT AGAIN!
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Post by Ezio »

@vexed are we ever test it with SDL 2.0?
Originway wrote: QT IS CRAP! DON'T GO BACK TO IT AGAIN!
Attachments
this game use qt too
this game use qt too
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

SDL 2.0 isn't released yet AFAIK (though, I think it is sometime in June)
However, can't really tell how much of our code would have to change, so depending on how many changes are required...
What I do know is that Valve relies on SDL 2, so if it is good enough for them, they must be doing something right.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
AWarZoner
Trained
Trained

Post by AWarZoner »

Originway wrote:
vexed wrote:There are no devs that have a mac, that is done by the mac maintainer, dak180.

QT IS CRAP! DON'T GO BACK TO IT AGAIN!
It might be your opinion, I don't agree with you. :annoyed:

A example: WMIT is designed & compiled in Qt. :geek:

So please don't just say something is bad when you don't like it. :wink:

P.S. you mustn't go and tell Emdek Qt is "BAD". :3

Andrie
Last edited by AWarZoner on 28 May 2013, 20:16, edited 1 time in total.
Ezio
Trained
Trained

Post by Ezio »

vexed wrote:SDL 2.0 isn't released yet AFAIK (though, I think it is sometime in June)
However, can't really tell how much of our code would have to change, so depending on how many changes are required...
What I do know is that Valve relies on SDL 2, so if it is good enough for them, they must be doing something right.
i see that in TF2, seems steam itself use sdl 1.3 and 2.0 either for ingame overlay or big screen stuff