Custom music?

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Re: Custom music?

Post by Terminator »

Chojun wrote: I noticed that someone posted a link of one of my songs that I did a long time ago.  Since that song, I've completed an updated version, for those who are interested.
Yea It was me :). Sorry dude but I didnt know who make that mix. But I will fix this & will wright you DJ nick :)) Chojun

Yea Nexus 3 - sounds better even 2nd, but in the end of track i didnt like too much , may be you will remake. Anyway I listen some your track & I like it is sounds F.... GOOD !  :D . This nexus track sounds "worry" like a Quake2 tracks - so hard . I like that. :) I will make links to your mp3s on my site. I think it will be GREAT  ;)  :)
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
karmazilla
Trained
Trained

Post by karmazilla »

Michael B.:
Buffer Zone is an awsome track, and I hope you'll make more :) Also, this game is played for hours at a time, so if we can a handful of tracks on the playlist it'd be great.

DevUrandom:
I'm looking forward to Buffer Zone and Grindstone being shipped as the default in-play sound track in 2.0.5 *wink wink* ;)

Just thinking out loud; perhaps Shaovin would fit nicely in the menu screen?
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Actually I thought of making 2.1 the real awesome big step ahead with that all new cool music...
If you really want the music just now, please bug me. ;) (I'll prepare the rc2 this WE...)
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Post by Chojun »

With the semester coming to a halt, I've started working on a new WZ-themed song.  It is still in its conceptual stage, so I'm up for suggestions.

http://www.cs.utah.edu/~gilmore/modules ... ective.mp3
The best thing to do when your philosophies don't stand up to debate is to lock the thread and claim victory.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

sounds good so far.
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
ratarf
Trained
Trained

Post by ratarf »

Sounds good, fits very good with the warzone theme. Maybe you should turn the volume of the 'beat' down a bit though.
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Post by Chojun »

Here is a second version of the song.  This will kinda give an idea of how the songs I create undergo an evolutionary process ;)  Sometimes, a finished song sounds nothing (or very little) like the original.

http://www.cs.utah.edu/~gilmore/modules ... ctive2.mp3

Still up for ideas..
The best thing to do when your philosophies don't stand up to debate is to lock the thread and claim victory.
karmazilla
Trained
Trained

Post by karmazilla »

I heard both Collective 1 & 2 in order, and it almost worked out as one track. You could try and experiment a bit with that idea. Anyhow, they're a nice theme but I'de like them to be longer :)
karmazilla
Trained
Trained

Post by karmazilla »

I thought this was in order: http://wz2100.net/wiki/user:music_proposals
8)
michaelb
Rookie
Rookie

Post by michaelb »

Hi again!

I just now finished another track that can be used in Warzone. It's a similar genre to Grindstone, only with a bit more style.

Check it out here:
http://michaelb.org/music/music/warzone ... reconn.ogg

"Reconn" is under the same CC license, although this track too can be easily relicensed under the GPL, as with the others.

Also, you can find lower bitrated versions of all my Warzone music at:
http://michaelb.org/music/music/warzone/lq/
I think it sounds transparent, even at the lower quality, and they have a quite a bit smaller file size. If you want to experiment with the encoding yourself, I could send you flacs.

Tell me your thoughts!

BTW, is the Wiki protected? I couldn't figure out how to sign up (maybe I'm just missing something).
karmazilla
Trained
Trained

Post by karmazilla »

Nice track :) I feel like testing it in-game
michaelb wrote:BTW, is the Wiki protected? I couldn't figure out how to sign up (maybe I'm just missing something).
You can log in with your forum account.
karmazilla
Trained
Trained

Post by karmazilla »

I've play-tested with music for a while, and I think I've found a play list that fits well with the game and matches the theme:

Code: Select all

[game]
path=.
shuffle=yes
Shaovin.mp3
tonaldiscrepancy-grindstone.ogg
tonaldiscrepancy-bufferzone.ogg
tonaldiscrepancy-reconn.ogg

[menu]
path=.
Collective.mp3
Collective2.mp3
It's an initial thought for when we release with music, don't you think?  :) Perhaps with TWZDesolationGTRmx.mp3 in the game list too.. not sure.

Oh! another thought I just got: if we make something like ending credits or the like, we could use Pronobozo's Careless Morning. ;) (It's under a CC license)
Last edited by karmazilla on 02 Jan 2007, 08:55, edited 1 time in total.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Chojun - as Kamaze asked, any chance of doing .ogg versions of these?
"Make a man a fire, you keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, you keep him warm for the rest of his life."
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Post by Chojun »

When I release future tracks, I'll remember to do .ogg versions as well as the typical mp3 format.  But for now, since my time is so limited, if anyone wants to convert any of my songs to any other format, consider this a written authorization to do so and re-release them.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

I have software that converts any major format to .ogg. DBPowerAmp with the .ogg plugin is what I use (and yes, I bought it. :P ).

If you do a search it shouldn't be too hard to get to the website. I recommend anyone who wants to should purchase it. It's a very VERY well-done piece of software, and it does it's work quickly. :)

Barring that, I'd be happy to convert anything the original author wants done to .ogg too.  8)

[EDIT] Btw, can we have this topic pinned, or would it be preferable to use the wiki instead?