Bugs in Latest (3.1) Version

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
DarthLuca
New user

Bugs in Latest (3.1) Version

Post by DarthLuca »

Firstly, it is not obvious where to report bugs in latest version (Currently testing 3.1 rc3 (Oct 8)).
So apologies if this is in the wrong place but felt I needed to report this one.

There is a problem with the commander unit linking where the program will, for no obvious reason, no longer show that units are linked to commander. Clicking the star still shows units assigned but when you select the commander the units are not highlighted. Once this occurs then De-linking a 'linked' (but not highlighted) unit from the said commander (by selecting unit and left clicking on map) does not de-link the unit. Assigning the unit to another commander does seem to work, but once this happens something is screwed as the program will likely crash if you mess around with units too much in this way. Trying to link new units no longer works properly after this occurs either. The only way to clear it seems to be to recycle the commander and start afresh. Happened in campaign and skirmish mode now. Seems to eventually cause the error/crash:
[[info |09:28:18: [add:131] grpJoin: Cannot have two command droids in a group]] - file attached
Crash happens during skirmish save (Save game attached showing commander error on group 2)
Once this is loaded if you then try to save again it crashes and resultant file will also crash when you try to load.

Two other comments/minor issues.
Units seem to get blocked more often by other units. First logic question should (I feel) be "Can I move?, Am I stuck". If the answer is yes then the unit should then request that a 'blocking' unit move. Priority should be given to retreating wounded units and commanders.

Now noticed that clicking on a unit that is on a delivery point seems to pick up the delivery point more often than it selects the unit. More annoying than anything (esp if you don't realise) but clicking should select the unit NOT the delivery point.

Two other log files attached (171941 & 150035) showing other odd messages which I presume were after crashes. Sry, I will try to keep better track from now on.

Love the new 'gates' have noticed a couple of times where they seem to stay open when they shouldn't but generally working well!

Hope this all makes sense. Thats it for now - Keep up the good work guys.
Attachments
IanCl2a.rar
RAR'd save game showing error
(99.94 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
WZlog-1125_150035.txt
Maptile too big + grpjoin error
(4.66 MiB) Downloaded 232 times
WZlog-1127_171941.txt
Factory error?
(17.9 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Re: Bugs in Latest (3.1) Version

Post by aubergine »

Are you using outdated NullBot or Ultimate Scavenger mods?
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
DarthLuca
New user

Post by DarthLuca »

Nope, no mods. Just plain vanilla.
DarthLuca
New user

Post by DarthLuca »

Sussed!
Saving and loading a game seems to cause the initial linking problem with commander 2. Once the problem exists then saving and subsequent loading causes the crash. Would have opened a bug report but no need as #3571 is it!

As this was the only major problem I have found so far in 3.1 can I suggest that the priority of #3571 be increased.

Regards
Mr T
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr T »

More "bugs" (strange things) :
Teamed up with one of the the AI and realized that he could build "Hardened Sensor Tower" long before I could. I had to invent it first.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

In 2.3, it could also built repair viper halftracks long before inventing repair or halftracks.
All wzscript AI specific cheating is now being eliminated, in favor of new difficulty modes.
Mr T
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr T »

Made a map where u start as a Scavenger and have a factory. When trying to upgrade that factory, the hole game shut down.

The map can be found here
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=10692&p=118586#p118586
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Mr T wrote:Made a map where u start as a Scavenger and have a factory. When trying to upgrade that factory, the hole game shut down.
Of course?... :?

You need to change game rules significantly for that to work. Such as make a separate factory module that has the same size, and paint how exactly it will look at top of this factory, and make sure you can't build this module on the other factory. Even with modding, i don't think it's possible.
Mr T
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr T »

I'm not surprised that it crashed, and I would have seen it as a bigger fail if the factory module have been built on top of the Scavengers factory. What I think is the ERROR is that it can be upgraded.

(And I have a dream that I ONLY can build Scavenger vehicles in that factory. Even that the mod that are used in this video, viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5309&start=630#p118575 will be implemented in the game. Make the Scavenger a bigger part of the game, both as playable but most as as a bigger threat when they can build new buildings.)
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

NoQ wrote:
Mr T wrote:Made a map where u start as a Scavenger and have a factory. When trying to upgrade that factory, the hole game shut down.
Of course?... :?

You need to change game rules significantly for that to work. Such as make a separate factory module that has the same size, and paint how exactly it will look at top of this factory, and make sure you can't build this module on the other factory. Even with modding, i don't think it's possible.
Yes and no. The various PIE files used for factory/research/power modules used to be hardcoded, you can change them with mods these days through structures.txt. The game crashes when trying to upgrade the scavenger factory/power-generator because its modules are not defined in the file.

Making sure that these scavenger factory modules cannot be built on normal factories would need code changes I think. As far as I know, if you have any type of factory module researched, you can upgrade any factory. (same applies for power and research modules)
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."