Non GPL Content support

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.
madman2k
New user

Non GPL Content support

Post by madman2k »

I saw some rpl2avi converter on the ftp which led me to the idea wheteher it would be possible to support the original non gpl content. with the converter it would be possible to store it in avi and thus circumvent the rpl format issues.
Now all it would take is someone to put in on emule or somewhere - I think these files can be considered abadonware, so this would be pretty safe. (alternativley one could use his cds as the source)
This way the campaign would be playable while alternative media is being made or serve those who want to stick as closley as possible to the original.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Re: Non GPL Content support

Post by DevUrandom »

1. We don't have no video player integrated atm.
2. We don't even know if the rest of the data is GPLed.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Non GPL Content support

Post by lav_coyote25 »

also - rod attempted to replicate the main fmv - devastation ( in french)  ... it worked untill almost the end and then started inserting very loud static scream into it and ..well it just didnt sound all that great... so - if its a short fmv - try that rpl converter.  if its a long one... be prepared for screaming static. :o
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.