Petition to reinstate Guard, Persue and Hold orders!

Discuss the future of Warzone 2100 with us.

Should the Guard Position & Pursue Orders be brought back?

Yes
93%
No
7%

Total votes : 56

Re: Petition to reinstate Guard, Persue and Hold orders!

Postby Guardsman Brendo » 15 Jun 2017, 17:16

I liked the hold order. I mainly used it for my AA tanks, so they could work like a hardpoint, but move if the vtol approach angle changes.
Guardsman Brendo
Trained
Trained

Postby Berg » 13 Sep 2017, 06:43

I bounce this to the top again as a reminder the community would like the removed features returned.
here is a youtube video that shows pursue works https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDn39xoQiSE
Berg
Regular
Regular

Postby -Philosopher- » 15 Sep 2017, 14:24

I've just found this thread and was going to add my 2c worth, but reading back through I think it's all already been said.

What's the latest status on this?

It's maddening that I can't make my units stay still when I want to. I also had uses (albeit less frequently, admittedly) for the other modes too.

Between that and the equally maddening change to CB Radar behaviour (on mobile units) I've reverted to playing earlier versions, but it's a bit of a catch-22 as I'm reminded of some of the old issues that got fixed... so frustrated either way. Sufficiently so that I play much less frequently than I used to :( Been playing this game for a long time and since the early versions so it's a shame.

Edit: OK, reading on, I discovered a new (undocumented?) feature of H for hold which, I believe sort-of does the same thing the old hold command did (?). It's not a mode though, so you have to go to the trouble of hitting it every time you move the units again. You feel like you're constantly fighting their natural tendencies. I only found this feature in the discussion on #4303 however so I imagine most people - folk new to the game in particular - won't find it. It should have a presence in the menus at least, right? And then there are the other two removed modes...

There was mention of the features being removed due to bugs. What were they? I never experienced any with them. Also, shouldn't features that don't work be fixed rather than removed, or is it not the objective to recreate the original here?
Last edited by -Philosopher- on 19 Sep 2017, 17:51, edited 1 time in total.
-Philosopher-
Trained
Trained

Postby Twister22 » 17 Sep 2017, 22:46

-Philosopher- wrote:I've just found this thread and was going to add my 2c worth, but reading back through I think it's all already been said.

What's the latest status on this?

It's maddening that I can't make my units stay still when I want to. I also had uses (albeit less frequently, admittedly) for the other modes too.

Between that and the equally maddening change to CB Radar behaviour (on mobile units) I've reverted to playing earlier versions, but it's a bit of a catch-22 as I'm reminded of some of the old issues that got fixed... so frustrated either way. Sufficiently so that I play much less frequently than I used to :( Been playing this game for a long time and since the early versions so it's a shame.

Edit: OK, reading on, I discovered a new (undocumented?) feature of H for hold which, I believe soft-of does the same thing the old hold command did (?). It's not a mode though, so you have to go to the trouble of hitting it every time you move the units again. You feel like you're constantly fighting their natural tendencies. I only found this feature in the discussion on #4303 however so I imagine most people - folk new to the game in particular - won't find it. It should have a presence in the menus at least, right? And then there's the other two removed modes...

There was mention of the features being removed due to bugs. What were they? I never experienced any with them. Also, shouldn't features that don't work be fixed rather than removed, or is it not the objective to recreat the original here?

Agreed I-i-i really want the pursue and other moving order back too :beg:
Warzone 2120 & Nuke mod Duo :D
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-pE3LIh7DtjZlJFVWNoNVpQcUE
Twister22
Trained
Trained

Previous

Return to Development