Swapping Body Models

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Zadey
New user

Swapping Body Models

Post by Zadey »

what i want to do, i think, is simple i think

all i want to do is make the Python Body look like The Dragon Body in the Campaign

i do not want to rename, or do the research for the dragon, for all intents and purposes i want the Python to look like the Dragon, editing its stats is easy enough, i've already changed stats to give things multiple turrets, that much isnt hard

i have tried editing the body and bodypropulsionimd text files, i managed to 'trick' it i think by renaming the existing dragon.pie body the same as the Python.pie, however the tracks do not match up,and i cannot trick it the same way since multiple tanks use the same tread .pies

i keep crashing to desktop with the error message

info |05:59:58: [SDL_main] (global) mod (zade) is enabled
error |06:00:05: [resGetDataFromHash] resGetDataFromHash: Unknown ID: 3d1f3e5 Type: IMD
error |06:00:05: [resGetDataFromHash] Assert in Warzone: ../../../../lib/framework/frameresource.c:538 (psRes != ((void *)0)), last script event: '<none>'
error |06:00:05: [resGetData] resGetData: Unable to find data for drhbod14.PIE type IMD
error |06:00:05: [resGetData] Assert in Warzone: ../../../../lib/framework/frameresource.c:554 (data != ((void *)0)), last script event: '<none>'
fatal |06:00:05: [loadBodyStats] Cannot find the body PIE for record Python
or
fatal |06:14:43: [loadBodyPropulsionIMDs] Cannot find the left propulsion PIE for body Body11ABT

on the topic of multiple turrets though, is there a way to have multiple system turrets? like a truck and a repair crane, or commander and truck etc(or all three, mwahaha)
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Swapping Body Models

Post by Mysteryem »

The dragon body isn't used in the campaign, so it will have to be added to your mod (take it from mp.wz\components\bodies\). What I would guess that you've probably forgotten is to add the body to wrf\piestats.wrf (game cannot find the model if you don't include it here). The 'super heavy' propulsions are also not in the campaign by default, so you will have to transfer their models across into your campaign mod as well.

bodypropulsionimd.txt is the file where you choose which models to use for the propulsion on a body, once you have done the above so that the models can be found, I would just copy and modify the lines from the mp.wz version of bodypropulsionimd.txt, changing the dragon body's internal name to the python body's internal name, and then replacing the old lines for the python body with your new lines which use the super heavy propulsion models.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Zadey
New user

Re: Swapping Body Models

Post by Zadey »

thanks Mysteryem, i had all the files in the rifle place, except for that piestats.wrf, that was the missing link XD