Interceptor Weapons

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Searge-Major
Trained
Trained

Re: Interceptor Weapons

Post by Searge-Major »

Late at night here, but I've finally found out what was happening. :D For some reason, Libre Office was treating names.txt as a .csv file, and after editing would save it with commas. This was causing the errors, and the mod now works. Few minor issues with how the weapon works, but it does, and for now that's the main thing. :)

As it happens, I owe this discovery to Contingency, because I was going through other people's mods, trying to figure out where I went wrong... so thanks Shadow Wolf TJC. :)

Regards, Searge
I fully realise my input is just another drop in the proverbial bucket. It is my goal to make each drop count.
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

Not a problem. I guess that that was what was causing the following syntax error in your WZlog file, huh?

Code: Select all

error   |03:57:53: [strres_error:37] STRRES file parse error:
syntax error at line 5
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
iap
Trained
Trained

Post by iap »

For text files it's much better to use Notepad++
Searge-Major
Trained
Trained

Post by Searge-Major »

Shadow Wolf TJC wrote:Not a problem. I guess that that was what was causing the following syntax error in your WZlog file, huh?

Code: Select all

error   |03:57:53: [strres_error:37] STRRES file parse error:
syntax error at line 5
Indeed. :) Now to tweak it's stats, make it researchable, and then to mp testing. :D

Does specifying "ANTI-AIRCRAFT" mean that it can only shoot at air units, even when on a VTOL? Or is there some other value responsible for this? Merely that 4 Spitfire VTOLs demolished two enemy factories, with ammo to spare. :o
[EDIT: Found problem and fixed it. :) ]

Regards, Searge
I fully realise my input is just another drop in the proverbial bucket. It is my goal to make each drop count.
Searge-Major
Trained
Trained

Post by Searge-Major »

:yahoo: The first new weapon, the Spitfire Interceptor is now researchable, designable and able to be manufactured. :yahoo: It is a VTOL only weapon, machine gun based (it benefits from all machine-gun upgrades), but has anti-tank capabilities. It is currently undergoing accuracy and damage checks, upon the completion of which the mod will be released as an alpha.

The next step is providing a unique model for it (it currently shares the sunburst model, while using the machine gun fx); am I right in thinking that once a model has been created and a copy place in the appropriate folder, it is as simple as referencing it in weapons.txt?
Though texturing springs to mind, how does that work? Is there free texture space, can you make your own texture pages?

All these questions and more to come, as this mod becomes more complicated... :wink:

Regards, Searge
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

You need to list the 3d model (.pie format) in another .wrf file. But otherwise, yes it's not that much harder than dropping it in the corresponding folder and referencing to it in weapons.txt
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Searge-Major
Trained
Trained

Post by Searge-Major »

Iluvalar wrote:You need to list the 3d model (.pie format) in another .wrf file. But otherwise, yes it's not that much harder than dropping it in the corresponding folder and referencing to it in weapons.txt
Thanks, good to know. :) I'll have a look at the .wrf files, do you need a special editor for them, or is just a renamed .txt file?

Again with textures, what about texture space, how do you tell wz which page, and which part of the page?

Regards, Searge