Artifacts revisited

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: Artifacts revisited

Post by Buginator »

milo christiansen wrote:
Flail13 wrote:a few points about the scripts...
have they been tested in multiplayer?
should we be using crates with their hard-coded disappearing?
would it be better to have them in the unique map folder, to give them unique paths for each map?
As for testing... They have only been tested in 2.3.8 skirmish Master will not load scripts in skirmish it seems :stressed: and I don't have internet at home :(

As far as I know crates don't disappear unless you destroy them in script, at least they never did in my tests. This I tested in both 2.3.8 and Master.

As for unique paths, they are not needed because the mod data is loaded on-the-fly so you always get the right copy. This is how the new map/mod support works. The only way this would be a consideration is if you are using a version of warzone that does not support map/mods.
FYI, that is going to be reverted, since it is broken. (Unless a fix is found...before the next release).

For the crates, I am going to have different types, ones that do get killed like you see in MP games, and the other kind where scripts have full control.
and it ends here.
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

Broken how? :geek:

When will we see script control crates so I can update? :)
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

We want information... information... information.
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

Sorry, should have thought to look a tickets myself :oops: Thanks.

Personally I think that reverting map/mod support is the wrong thing to do because of all the map/mods already out. Feel free to ignore me since I'm not offering to help fix it :wink:
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual