[DEVELOPMENT] Campaign 4 Development Thread

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
driver4
Trained
Trained

Re: [DEVELOPMENT] Campaign 4 Development Thread

Post by driver4 »

Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:Alrighty, moving right along. Mission 8 has about 80% of its' script done. All that's left to add to it are:

- User-friendly directions and flavor text
- Objective markers (not that we're going to need many)
- A graceful way to get the player into the zone (since Transport is STILL being screwy).

This mission is going to be a GRIND. Nexus has had two YEARS to dig in. The "Full Frontal Assault" will NOT work here. From the get-go, you'll be under attack. You'll have a difficult time getting out of the starting area .. at least, for the first 14 minutes.

Nexus can and WILL defeat you if given the chance. Do NOT give him that chance. :P

This should be ready for testing within a week.
This sounds awesome, 80% scripted is impressive. I can't wait to play this when it is ready!
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

Believe it or not, most of the pre-fab scripting work (aka Milo and I getting things figured out) was done during the course of Mission 1~7's development.

Only problem I'm having right now is getting M8 to load up using OFF_KEEP in the mission loading code. It works *fine* in standalone mode. And yes, I know I need to recompile the map for 'stand-alone mission' in FlaME -- did that, and bupkus.

Reverse-engineering Campaign 1's stuff didn't provide any answers. It *should* work.

The next release will have M8 in standalone mode, until we can get this sorted out. The Campaign itself might even have to be separate missions, if we can't get level loading to work.

[EDIT] Dunno why I keep calling it 'MISS_KEEP'. Ugh.
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:[EDIT] Dunno why I keep calling it 'MISS_KEEP'. Ugh.
Because you MISS_KEEPing everything on one map? :P
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

:lol2: Touche'. :D