*.wrf files

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
NoQ
Special
Special

*.wrf files

Post by NoQ »

What exactly do these *.wrf files do? (:

More specifically: When i unpacked this old "ariza" map, which has custom textures on it, i saw an "ariza.wrf" file inside, that somehow points to these textures, and the textures don't get applied to other maps due to having unusual file names, thus solving the problem of the current map loading mechanism, when all maps are loaded at the beginning of the game, and that's why "map-mods" break the game [but ariza doesn't!]. Can the same mechanism be applied when the new terrain renderer is used, to allow creating maps with custom textures for >=warzone2100-v3.0? :hmm:
Safety0ff
Trained
Trained

Re: *.wrf files

Post by Safety0ff »

WRF = Warzone Resource File

It specifies the resources to load.
NoQ wrote:Can the same mechanism be applied when the new terrain renderer is used, to allow creating maps with custom textures for >=warzone2100-v3.0? :hmm:
We (or at least I) want to remove as much of that WRF business as possible in the new map format, allowing custom textures via a new/different mechanism.
zamaszysty
Rookie
Rookie

Post by zamaszysty »

We (or at least I) want to remove as much of that WRF business as possible in the new map format, allowing custom textures via a new/different mechanism.
Can't this be a part of the map file itself? That would be usefull, and IF custom objects on map were ALSO included in th emap file it would double the variety of possible maps to create. Of course ol those things that would be custom i guess would have to be always non-functional, but that is still a great progres to be made ;)
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

NoQ wrote:Can the same mechanism be applied when the new terrain renderer is used, to allow creating maps with custom textures for >=warzone2100-v3.0?
As far as I know yes. For now at least. It might and might not work because of the more complex way textures are handled and now that you've brought this up i'll have to try and see :wink:
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

Ok it does not work, I tried and failed
Safety0ff wrote:allowing custom textures via a new/different mechanism.
How long will we have to wait? :P
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual