Is this feasible?

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
JakeGrey
Trained
Trained

Is this feasible?

Post by JakeGrey »

I'd like to have a crack at making an APC body as an alternative to the cyborg transport, which could be customised in the same way as a regular vehicle but carry six cyborgs. Would that work?
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Re: Is this feasible?

Post by Iluvalar »

That question (or something around that) as already been asked many time. While we agree it would totaly look cool, it turn out that from the side of the gameplay, it would be useless.

1) The cyborgs are already one of the fastest unit in the game. there is no point at transporting them.
2) Cyborg have already good armor by themself they are not fragile things that need to be armored that much
3) In term of gameplay, the tanks armour and the cyborg armour are competing each other for research time. Most of the time, except in heavily modified balance, we don't research both of those simultaneously. It would end in either :
3-A) a well armored APC that successfuly cross the enemy front line and then drop frail cyborgs that die like little chickens
3-B) a poorly defended APC that transport troops that are more resistant then the transport itself and probably faster (useless).

So unless you do it yourself, I don't think it will be done in near futur.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

A hover APC could be useful for fast cyborg transporting. If only cyborgs could fire from within this transport, it could be a nice and useful countermeasure when you spam cyborgs and the opponent spams MGs.
JakeGrey
Trained
Trained

Post by JakeGrey »

That was my thought, though I'm also planning on doing a bit of tweaking to make artillery more dangerous to cyborgs, and possibly reducing their movement speed. Firing slits are probably beyond the capabilities of the game engine, unfortunately, but I presume some faster method of disembarking from transports is in the works for future versions.
NEXUS
Trained
Trained

Post by NEXUS »

Yes but I don't know if you can change the number of units in the transport without modifying the source code.
My nicknames - Mattbrit -> TankMaster -> Dr Reed -> ??? :)