Where to find a PIE editor?

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Where to get PIE editor?

Post by lav_coyote25 »

‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
UrbanVoyeur
Trained
Trained

Post by UrbanVoyeur »

Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

I had those ocx files.... But for check I downloaded that you gave. & too pity but the same error. :(

my system:
LapTop Pentium M(Centrio) 1.6 Ghz
256 Mb
MObility Radeon 9200.
WinXP SP2.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
UrbanVoyeur
Trained
Trained

Post by UrbanVoyeur »

Terminator wrote: I had those ocx files.... But for check I downloaded that you gave. & too pity but the same error. :(
You could try registering them. Check the MS knowledge base for the command line.

Edit: Giel: fixed missing quote-tag
Last edited by Giel on 06 May 2007, 22:58, edited 1 time in total.
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

UrbanVoyeur wrote: You could try registering them. Check the MS knowledge base for the command line.
As long as you have all of those files in the same directory as the executable you don't need to register them.

Btw Terminator, what is the exact error you're getting?
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

Forget about that pieSlicer - use blender. better anyway.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
GiGaBaNE
Trained
Trained

Post by GiGaBaNE »

blender is far superior in as much as user intuition and friendlyness. BUT, Grim said that it causes a lot of problems,or rather it doesnt conform to certain standards required by the warzone code. im not sure exctly, but from what i know grim is the resident expert on such matters.

as to running Pie i got it working on xp first time by doing the following

install pie v082
copy these filesthese files into same install location.

install mscomctl.ocx , comdlg32.ocx (zip format) and picclp32.ock into the system32 folder
the using run command:

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\mscomctl.ocx
regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\comdlg32.ocx
regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\picclp32.ocx
-----------------------------------

Now i have no idea if this is a 'perfect' setup, but it got my pie slicer running just fine.
Best of luck!
Version: master-20110320 QT
VGA:Nvidia GeForce GT 220
Driver in use: 6.14.12.6658
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual 4200+
RAM: 2 x DDR-II 1GB corsair
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

GiGaBaNE wrote: blender is far superior in as much as user intuition and friendlyness. BUT, Grim said that it causes a lot of problems,or rather it doesnt conform to certain standards required by the warzone code. im not sure exctly, but from what i know grim is the resident expert on such matters.
blender is actually much less user friendly than pie slicer, and indeed most other 3d modelling software, and is only intuitive once you figure out how it works, but blender is certainly more powerful and efficient.

i'm working to make blender on par with pie slicer in capabilities and compatibility. i forsee no difficulty in making a clone of pie slicer's teamcolor manipulation stuff, and although it's not a clean changeover, if i mess around with the multiplier used to convert between pie's scale and that used in blender (currently 128), i could probably get it close to having 0.1 units in blender equaling 1 pie unit, which would allow for making pie 2's with almost no loss in precision, though there may be better alternatives, and since pie 5 is on the way, it's not a big priority.

at least with pie 5, i can be fairly sure that working with pies in blender (eventually) won't have any deficiencies.
~Mr.Madguy~
New user

Post by ~Mr.Madguy~ »

Where can I get some documents or RFCs about PIE file format?  ??? I like Warzone 2100 very much and I want to help you with developing it... ::) If PIE is not much more harder then my own file format - 3DM, then, I think, I can try to make new plugin for 3DSMax with texture export support or some useful utility...  8)
Author of SmileManager for QIP 2005, JapCross and other...
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

A working 3DS MAX plugin would be awesome.

The original source code release did in fact have a plugin for 3DS Max. Since I and probably none of the other people who worked on it have 3DS MAX, it never got ported or updated. I can send you the relevant code if you like, just message me an email address, and I am sure kage and devurandom can answer any questions you have about how to update it to work with the updated PIE format we hope to use in the future.
"Make a man a fire, you keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, you keep him warm for the rest of his life."
Serman
Trained
Trained

Post by Serman »

Sticky, please.  ;)
Last edited by Serman on 23 Sep 2007, 02:56, edited 1 time in total.
~Mr.Madguy~
New user

Post by ~Mr.Madguy~ »

Per wrote: A working 3DS MAX plugin would be awesome.

The original source code release did in fact have a plugin for 3DS Max. Since I and probably none of the other people who worked on it have 3DS MAX, it never got ported or updated. I can send you the relevant code if you like, just message me an email address, and I am sure kage and devurandom can answer any questions you have about how to update it to work with the updated PIE format we hope to use in the future.
Sorry for my offtop, but I have sent a PM to you with my questions about 3DS Max plugin and have not got an answer yet... :-[If anybody interested in developing this plugin, please send me a PM... ::)
Author of SmileManager for QIP 2005, JapCross and other...
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

~Mr.Madguy~ wrote: Sorry for my offtop, but I have sent a PM to you with my questions about 3DS Max plugin and have not got an answer yet... :-[If anybody interested in developing this plugin, please send me a PM... ::)
Please do not send PMs, I simply do not notice them and questions should be asked in the forum where whoever is best qualified to answer can do so.

I have sent you an email with the source code and the answers I knew.
"Make a man a fire, you keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, you keep him warm for the rest of his life."