Where to find a PIE editor?

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Black NEXUS
Trained
Trained

Re: Where to get PIE editor?

Post by Black NEXUS »

Ok, but the PieSlicerDX say "invalid PIE format". I cant open the PIE files from the base.wz, but i can make new mods with this change. :-S
Join NeoX-Virt - The Software-Forge on neox-virt.de
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

Black NEXUS wrote:Ok, but the PieSlicerDX say "invalid PIE format". I cant open the PIE files from the base.wz, but i can make new mods with this change. :-S
Ah that...

Well you can get the original .pie files from the retail source release available for download some where, you can decompile v.1.10 .wdg yourself with 'WdgExplorer' & get them that way and, if I recall correctly Strata's WZ Customizer Kit download comes with the original .pies too.

Regards, whip :)

Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

Slicer isnt working for me either it need to be update or taken out entirely.
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

Tenoh wrote:Slicer isnt working for me either it need to be update or taken out entirely.
Could you please copy and paste the contents of the .pie that you are trying to open?
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Tenoh wrote:Slicer isnt working for me either it need to be update or taken out entirely.
Seems to be working for lots of people. Just because it isn't working for one person doesn't mean it should be taken out entirely.
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

Zarel wrote:
Seems to be working for lots of people. Just because it isn't working for one person doesn't mean it should be taken out entirely.
He could be trying to open the .pies which have PIE 3 instead of PIE 2, in which case it won't work. Or he might not have the .ocx and/or .dll files required to run it.
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Re: Where to find a PIE editor?

Post by Tenoh »

Sorry,guess i was a bit aggressive. Got all the ocx's. And i was trying to run program by its self.
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

So you weren't trying to open a .pie file? What error did it come up with and have you used pie slicer before?
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

Nope i didnt used it before,tryed to open from 2.2 but it said bad pie.
Black NEXUS
Trained
Trained

Post by Black NEXUS »

whippersnapper wrote:Ah that...

Well you can get the original .pie files from the retail source release available for download some where, you can decompile v.1.10 .wdg yourself with 'WdgExplorer' & get them that way and, if I recall correctly Strata's WZ Customizer Kit download comes with the original .pies too.

Regards, whip :)

Ok, I've got the original version with patch 1.10, 1.11 to 1.12-beta. Can I download everything from what I need. Some are only slightly flawed, but I can edit it ;)
Join NeoX-Virt - The Software-Forge on neox-virt.de
CyclonatorZ
Trained
Trained

Post by CyclonatorZ »

Hey, I've been having trouble getting PieSlicer to work. I've done everything Gigabane suggested, but when I try to run the program, a message pops up that says "runtime error 429 - ActiveX component can't create object." Does anyone have any idea what is going on? :?
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

CyclonatorZ wrote:Hey, I've been having trouble getting PieSlicer to work. I've done everything Gigabane suggested, but when I try to run the program, a message pops up that says "runtime error 429 - ActiveX component can't create object." Does anyone have any idea what is going on? :?
Remember that's for XP. PieSlicer doesn't work on Vista or Windows 7 due to its version of ActiveX not supporting something Pie Slicer needs (or something like that, I know that it's an ActiveX problem)
CyclonatorZ
Trained
Trained

Post by CyclonatorZ »

Ah, thanks for the heads up. Good thing I have another computer that has XP - I'll have to try installing PieSlicer on it today.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Some version of Pieslicer: http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/2347 - no idea how it works and how useful it is nowadays, I just want to close the ticket.
We want information... information... information.
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

Sorry, but that doesn't seem to boot up at all. Shame too, since I'll need to do some .pie editing later. :(
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100