After spending about 10 hours with FlaMe, I have some idees, some complaynes, but most of the time I'm amazed of the good work, so first - A DAMN GOOD JOB WITH THE EDITOR!!!!
Relay fun to mak maps in this tool.
Had to leave my beloved Mac OS X and install FlaMe 1.28 on the PC. Have to use the Mono version to get it working.
* The "fast save" (disket icon over the map), why is it not under the "File" menu. Took me like 8 hour before i saw it
. Used "save as.." all the time. Works to but...
* A small preview for the "Objects" would be nice
* Why not use the right click on the mouse (even mac mouse have 2 buttons nowadays
) to get object info. Open the Object tab right away or a smal popup menu with "copy object", "past object", "object info" (thats open the object tab), "texture info", texture copy" and so on. (love the "CTRL-mouse klick"-copy funktion when I found it. Nice with "fast keys", but by using standard right klick funktion its easyer to use the editor.
* Group the tabs by a smal color. "Textures" and "Terrain Painter" can have a light green (NOT green, Light Light green), and so on. The tabs are to many. If it is posible to group them, or to make them expand when u drag the mouse over them ("Terrain Painter" can be visible like "Terr..Pain.." until u put the mouse over) it esyer to se (I think). Also, the tabs can be reach from one mor menu betwhen "File" and "Options".
My first map hade MANY "Bad unit overlap on tile X,X". If it is the mono version or the editor that make it sloooow to scrol I dont now, but it toke me looong time to slide to all the places. So 3 idees here.
* One "goto" funktion to jump right at the position.
* A "fast move key", like holding down shift while scroling with w-a-s-d stepps me 10 snap away.
*Have the information about "overlap" that I got when "Compiling" visible when I working. Now it is in a seperat window, that hase to be closed to work. Maby one more tab (color red
After spending 10 hours with my map, I tried it (yes I now I shude have tried it before ... nag nag nag...) and then I see in the game that all my tree dont work with the Urban texture. The trees look like they made of iron or something. The truck and some other used object also look strange
So to the developer of the game - Make it posible to mix object and maps, this will make the maps more colorful/variety. (Las Vegas - buildings in the deseert is not today posible becaus of this.(?))
For the FlaMe editor, maby som group funktion with object works in with "map-type". Object for "Urben", for the "desert" ....
About the object and grouping, some kind of group funktion shude be nice. I like forest, so maby I can group "my favorit objects", or "used objects on the map" and so on.
(sorry for the bad spelling and the long text. Going back to my drawing board to figure out how to make a "green Urban" map without trees in the city