FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by Mysteryem »

Any chance of an update soon? Being able to set scroll limits easily would be very useful at the moment.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

It's updated now. I was waiting for the new installer to be ready.
The flaME installer puts the random map generator in the same directory, if you choose to install it.

The other noticable change is that you can make 10 player maps, for the next master only. The 11th slot is only for scavengers.

Merowingg, I haven't found any serious bugs in 1.10, so it's safe to keep using it.

Edit:
For 2 to 7 player maps, scavengers must be player # 7. For 8 to 10 player maps, they must be in the first number after the last used player number: 8 player = #8, 9 player = #9, 10 player = #10.
drgnrdr
Trained
Trained

Post by drgnrdr »

Nice work on the installer. But fRMG is still not being allowed to change the write to disk file path in windows 7.
It took me a while before I could find where it was being written to now. It's now in C:\Users\User name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\flaME.

drgnrdr
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

You killed off showing painted texture markers. :(
I found it one of the most useful features. Looks like I'll be sticking to 1.10 until the compiling stage.

Spilt the topic from viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7526#p77516
Flail13 wrote:
Mysteryem wrote:(named slightly differently due to my annoyance of flaME corrupting all the maps it makes so that winrar can't edit them)
Anyone else have problems editing the .wz files produced by flaME?
I tried to find the cause of the problem with that .wz file. The error is there in flaME because all the player numbers of the features are set to 4294967295. Was it created with editworld? It contains a taglist.tag (which flaME doesn't make) and I can't find how flaME would have set the features' player numbers that high when it stores them as a byte (number from 0 to 255). If it was made in flaME then exported into Editworld then that's a different problem I need to look for.

7-zip is free and, all the times I have tried, can load flaME maps. What sort of problem does winRAR have?
Yes, I had to create that map with editworld since I needed to edit the .wz file. With maps created by flaME, after adding, changing or removing a file from the archive it will say that the archive is corrupt. After repairing the archive it seems to work, but it's a hassle to do it with every map and it won't let you delete any of the files in the archive. You can add more or change the already existing ones, but not delete them after archiving. WinZip tells me that the archive is invalid or corrupted. 7Zip however has no problems, now that I've used it. flaME version 1.13 won't even open the map with arithmatic operation resulted in overflow, probably because of what you described above, though 1.10 is fine. So I saved the map from 1.10 as a .fme and opened that in 1.13. Compiled the map and uploaded it here.
Attachments
4c-flaMEcorupttest.wz
Compiled with 1.13.
(39.38 KiB) Downloaded 541 times
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Flail13 wrote:...
I'll add the splash screen, picker tool ...
Will this be on the next release, or am I just not doing it right?
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

Mysteryem, I'll put back the texture markers. I thought they weren't useful.
The file you posted works fine so I wasn't sure what I was supposed to do with it. It seems like the problem with the maps is with the compression program. I can make flaME handle the error again, like it did in 1.10, but all the corrupted player numbers would get set to the last player number.

effigy, it's supposed to work now. You can select the texture, ground terrain painter or height set tool. Hold Ctrl while left clicking on the terrain. It should set whichever tool you have selected to what's on the terrain.

I'm planning to update flaME to use the latest master data for features, structures and templates.
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

Flail13 wrote:I'm planning to update flaME to use the latest master data for features, structures and templates.
At last!!!! :P
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

Here's a quick-fix of files for flaME so that it works with master's new data, except for templates. So it includes all the new features and the ecm tower.
Attachments
default.zip
(512.28 KiB) Downloaded 559 times
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

The picker tool works nicely for those options, thanks :) Maybe next could be objects ;) ?

I've encountered a few problems with the current flame:

1) using "orange" in the terrain painter causes an error if painting orange near the end of a road (see attached error message)

2) the file referencer in the installer doesn't register for *.wz (should it?). It will open them if I double click, and choose flame, though, and I can set the file reference manually, now.

3)It won't open some maps (see attached error message, and sample map).
Attachments
2c-Interurban.wz
sample map
(3.07 KiB) Downloaded 518 times
error opening map
error opening map
orange painter error
orange painter error
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

1) using "orange" in the terrain painter causes an error if painting orange near the end of a road (see attached error message)
In urban, if the end of the road is on concrete or something like that, FlaME crashes (but it doesn't quit, we just get a crash message and a red square*).
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

Updated to 1.14.

effigy, the installer doesn't register .wz files. Keep setting it manually for now. I'll try to add this as an option in the future.
The reason it wont open those maps is because the player numbers are corrupt. However, I've handled it by setting the corrupt objects' player numbers to the last player. Like Interurban.wz, are the maps that it wont open always made in Editworld?
I added the picker for objects.

The error message for roads should be fixed. Objects are updated to what they were in the 20110209 master. Hopefully there hasn't been major changes. Painted texture markers are back in. Autosaves and settings are now saved in my documents, so that they have permission to be written. fRMG has a save dialog now. If there are still problems with files not being written, or going into VirtualStore under windows 7, something that might help is to try right clicking on the icon and running either flaME or fRMG as administrator.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Flail13 wrote:Updated to 1.14.
Like Interurban.wz, are the maps that it wont open always made in Editworld?
I'm not sure :( I tried maps at random, and I don't know how to tell. I tried maps randomly, and did notice that maps I had acquired recently opened fine.[/quote]

[quote
I added the picker for objects.
[/quote]
Thank you :)
Pavachek
New user

Post by Pavachek »

When attempting to stop the generation of a map in fRMG, I find that it invariably locks up the program completely. Is this a known issue or should I provide more information?
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

Pavachek,
When you click stop, it doesn't stop the process until it gets to particular points. fRMG might appear to be not responding for a while.
If it finishes making a map, but then you try again with the same settings and it takes longer after you click stop, then that is not a known issue and if you have more information it would be useful.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I have a question :)

As you well know I love FlaMe 1.10 :) just adore it :)

The question is..

Shall I move to FlaMe 1.14 ?? or still wait for stable version ??

I know its my personal decison but I would like to hear some advices.. as I love to do what I do :)

Bye :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero