FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
montetank
Regular
Regular

Re: FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by montetank »

Onlycliffface.PNG
Onlycliffface.PNG (108.59 KiB) Viewed 31663 times
4c-newIceage.jpg
Rman Virgil wrote:.

My post applied to the default, hard-coded, BRUSH mixes of various tiles as stated and NOT your by hand mixes of tertiles. Now that I'm home and able to pull up FlaMe I can see Tile #27 is not used in any of those hardcoded brush mixes so it has to be an improper re-assignment as Mysterium suggested which I just confirmed by re-assigning #27 and it being impassable in game. ("Cliff Angle" applies to using cliff brushes... if you are doing by elevation brushes, then appliying cliff tertile by hand, you have way, way, more effect lattitude. Just another pointer.)

If you wanna re-assign cliff to non-cliff tiles that are also used in hard-coded brush mixes then my first post explains how to do it and achieve a wide variety of cliff visuals without creating PF/PW anomaly conflicts and so my reiteration here rather than let it go as the original post had no utilitarian value going forward for other map makers, as seems the direction this has otherwise landed. Now, if my explanation is still lacking towards full comprehension, i'd be willing to give it another shot as to my knowledge, this significant issue has not been addressed anywhere else. :hmm:

Maybe we talk at cross-depends on my bad english. Thanks for your patient. But this forum is not only for people who are speaking perfect english. I used tile 27 ONLY as cliff-face for the walls. Nowhere else on the map. The units dont want to climb up-but there are units in the vertikal position. This positions are marked with an X-Forbidden! But they ignore. I think this screenshot will explain what i mean :stressed:
Last edited by montetank on 30 Mar 2014, 02:27, edited 1 time in total.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Mysteryem wrote:Any tiles which you specify as cliff-face tiles cannot be travelled over by units (aside from VTOLs). The angle does not matter, a completely flat cliff-face still cannot be driven over.

All of the trucks in this image are trapped assuming you have set tile 27 to the cliff-face type like I showed in my previous post:
I know that :roll:
But watch the screenshot mysteryem.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

That's just something that happens normally. This occurs fairly often when you order a bunch of units to go close to a cliff. You can see 3 trucks here that have been pushed up against the edge of the cliff. Units can sometimes do this on their own if their pathfinding makes them do it.

"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Montetank, I see what you mean. Also understand your point about language.

This may be attributable to what Mysterium said or it could be something else. I've had the issue come up in my work and have made modifications to eliminate it.

Looks like it's re-interpreting your cliff wall intersection edge with the snow ground as partly passable.

It would be helpful to see a screen shot of the same area in FlaMe to look at how that boundry is formed initially before it is interpreted by the terrain renderer in game.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Finally....thanks Gentlemen. I was close to a nervous breakdown. Yes- i saw this in many maps and thought: Bad done map. So-it is normal ( thanks for the information Mysteryem).
Rman Virgil-i will post my second map tommorow. Everything is fine now- some details only. By the way .... i am very impressed:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10480&p=124329&hili ... ng#p124329

Great Brush :3

Regards
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

montetank wrote:Finally....thanks Gentlemen. I was close to a nervous breakdown. Yes- i saw this in many maps and thought: Bad done map. So-it is normal ( thanks for the information Mysteryem).
Rman Virgil-i will post my second map tommorow. Everything is fine now- some details only. By the way .... i am very impressed:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10480&p=124329&hili ... ng#p124329

Great Brush :3

Regards
Glad you're able to move ahead with your work satisfied. :3

And thanks for the thumbs up. :) Ironically, I did not use the cliff face brush even once for any of my very diverse, cliff dominant 250 x 250 terrain. Just elevation brushes, vertex by vertex tweeked, and cliff textures placed by hand, tile by tile. It was the only way to get what I was after. :hmm:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen,

I have run FlaMe today after many months, and it misses tilesests and objects data and I dont know why.

It is flame 1,27

Any ideas?
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I have solved the problem, by reading my own advice posted many months ago, I ran the program as administrator.

Is my memory weakening?

Greetings to all.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

:) Hello Merowingg. But why do you use flame 1.27? Isn`t 1.29 better?
Just a question..
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Old dog, new tricks, heh.

Regards - Mero
Staff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Staff »

Speaking of better...
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11536

People should help test this new version, since it is based on FlaME, and report issues in that thread. :)
Sorry, this account has been deactivated.
Please post issues in Website feedback instead, only Moderators can read things there.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Oh my, I had no idea about it. My question is, is it possible to have both installed at the same time?

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen,

Is my question beyond stupid, or am I hated heh.

I would like shot into dark with suggestion that, the device to count haw many structures of on kind is currently used per player on the map would be perfect. Numerous times I was deleating mostly concrete walls here there and everywhere, to stick to the 255 limit.

Regards - Mero
Vlad123
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Vlad123 »

Emmm...How to download the map editor? Run with the 3.1.2?
iceman11a
Trained
Trained

Post by iceman11a »

I been looking and trying to find a video to show me and tell me step by step how to use this. and so far I haven't fount a thing. Does any one know of a tutorial that will show me and tell me just what to do. I guess most people are too lazy to buy a mic.