FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by NoQ »

If I was to use flaMe 1.27 will it bring all evil to earth or can I use this so archaic yet so willing to work for me program? Of course I ask, so my maps would work too.
No output format changes that recently.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I am not sure about the answet NoQ, I think a comma is missing.

You mean - no fear, something bla bla changes it recently, so create with 1,27?
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Hmm :hmm:
Something i am doing wrong. When i copy a quarter of my map (for example in a 160/160 size at x/y point 80/80) clockwise, the x/y-coordinates changes by 1.
So-should i rotate at point x=79 y =80 or x=80 y = 79 or both 79?
Long time ago i have mathematics in school. Stupid question, but in the moment i can`t find the right way :stressed:
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

even_number_of_tiles.png
even_number_of_tiles.png (9.87 KiB) Viewed 26761 times
odd_number_of_tiles.png
odd_number_of_tiles.png (9.28 KiB) Viewed 26761 times
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

AArgh----yes. :D
Thanks
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I like it how through time NoQ have found perfect ways to visualize problems and solutions to very often quite similar questions on the forum instead of numerous lines of the text.

NoQ I am still not sure if I can still simply make a map with 1,27 please?
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Jab, you are right, Merowingg. Now i finished to read this whole thread but i still have some questions. But i have no desire to bore this topic. In Montenegro we say: " The best way therefore to learn how to swim fast, is first to learn how to swim slowly." :wink:
I had a sleepless night because of the question above. The solution to the problem is so simple. I should have solved this problem by myself. :oops:
Anyway-Thank you very much, once again, for your and NoQs support.

Regards
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Yes you can :roll:
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

wz2100-20140329_210509-Newiceage-T1.jpg
Horrible. I try to made a new wall with Rockie tile number 27. Changing to cliff-face. And that is the result in the triangels.... the units try to climb up. They could not. It is only the first step. Trying out all the other tiles i saw, that is the same. It is not the same as the usual clifffaces. But it makes the game unplayable in near battlefights. What happens here? :?
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

I think I know what's happening here as I encountered this myself and had to solve it to do what I wanted to with "Earthworks" in "New Pangaia SP".

When you change a non-cliff tertile to cliff you will encounter this effect if you use a brush that makes use of that changed tertile among others that remain non-cliff in the render matrix thus creating a brush mix that is both cliff and non-cliff. Until "Sharp FlaMe" is developed to be able to make custom brushes there is but one work-a-around: the non-cliff tertile you have re-assigned to cliff has to be applied tile by tile (no brush) and you can no longer use the brush which makes use of it in it's heterogenous render matrix or you will get this result - the mixing of cliff and non-cliff. Hope that makes sense and helps with your efforts.

- Regards.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

I didn`t mix. I put tile by tile as cliff-face. But i solved the problem now. Just using tile 65 as cliff in front of the wall (angle 15). Don`t use this tile anywhere else. No influence in the game. It works. However-that could not be the solution. Thanks for your answer.
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

It should look like this in FlaME (though using your chosen tile instead of this one):

Then, in-game, units won't try to go up/down them.
It will still look like it does in your picture though.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Sorry for my english-does it mean that is normal? I build a long wall. Marked as cliff-face on gravel. (Tile 27-but it doesnt matter which tile). I tested my new map and give a group of 9 units the command where to move. So i see this fail. 3 units dont try to climb up. But they where in the vertikal position. That doesn´t happend with the usual cliff-tiles. The angle was 40. And i marked the cliffs at 30....
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

My post applied to the default, hard-coded, BRUSH mixes of various tiles as stated and NOT your by hand mixes of tertiles. Now that I'm home and able to pull up FlaMe I can see Tile #27 is not used in any of those hardcoded brush mixes so it has to be an improper re-assignment as Mysterium suggested which I just confirmed by re-assigning #27 and it being impassable in game. ("Cliff Angle" applies to using cliff brushes... if you are doing by elevation brushes, then appliying cliff tertile by hand, you have way, way, more effect lattitude. Just another pointer.)

If you wanna re-assign cliff to non-cliff tiles that are also used in hard-coded brush mixes then my first post explains how to do it and achieve a wide variety of cliff visuals without creating PF/PW anomaly conflicts and so my reiteration here rather than let it go as the original post had no utilitarian value going forward for other map makers, as seems the direction this has otherwise landed. Now, if my explanation is still lacking towards full comprehension, i'd be willing to give it another shot as to my knowledge, this significant issue has not been addressed anywhere else. :hmm:

Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

Any tiles which you specify as cliff-face tiles cannot be travelled over by units (aside from VTOLs). The angle does not matter, a completely flat cliff-face still cannot be driven over.

All of the trucks in this image are trapped assuming you have set tile 27 to the cliff-face type like I showed in my previous post:
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."