FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
JDW
Regular
Regular

Re: flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by JDW »

macuser wrote:emdek and i used to chat all the time on irc but it seems he has lost interest :|
That's the beauty of open source. If the idea is a gem, then there's no stopping it, unlike, say, proprietary software.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

I'm having trouble with the terrain painter. It only blends 2 textures properly if both textures are freshly painted.

This includes the cliff brush. If I try to add cliffs with out first painting with a texture, the cliff will appear red.

AFAIK this is an issue for editing maps that have been saved, closed, and reopened.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

"Reinterpret terrain" button. ;)
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

doh!

Everytime I load a map?
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Yeah, and also every time you modify anything manually (eg. directly via the textures tab, not through the terrain painting tab)
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

I have a feature request: Texture/Height Picker tool.

This would work as follows: When you're texturing an cntrl+click would change the brush texture to what ever you clicked; When you're adjusting terrain with the "set" height mode cntrl+click would change the LFM to match the selection.

:)
BlueMaxima
Trained
Trained

Post by BlueMaxima »

For everyone who won't stop complaining to me about the 2.0 manual (that means you, vexed, now shut up) I've started writing it now. Five pages in.
Bring back...ducks!
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

I was looking at scroll limits to make maps look better around the edges, but I wasn't having any luck. I have now found out that this is because flaME's scroll limits don't do anything when saving hte map as a multiplayer map. :stare: So I had a look at doing it in editworld and it worked.

>> However, after more testing in flame, I saved the map as a campaign map and then manually built the .wz file and then scroll limits worked fine. <<

A nice feature would be saving the scroll limits as part of the .fme file and then showing the scroll limits on the minimap and 3d map view. Editworld saves scroll limits into the .lnd file (and can save more than one since when compiling the map you choose which scroll limits to use) and gives a rather poor, but usable, display of the scroll limits on only the minimap: Image
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

When I create campaign maps with flam I get at lest one or two"Building removed XXXXXX" messages in the log. Why doesn't flaME use the latest data set?
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

I've started making another version with these things fixed. Sorry BlueMaxima. The changes are small though.
I'll add the splash screen, picker tool and scroll limits for multiplayer maps.

To update the data set, what should it be changed to? 2.3.6, 3.0 beta 4, trunk?
Safety0ff
Trained
Trained

Post by Safety0ff »

Flail13 wrote:The changes are small though.
I'll add the splash screen, picker tool and scroll limits for multiplayer maps.
Will it have menus with actions and keyboard shortcuts? Or atleast an in-editor menu with the shortcuts? :) ( If you've already done this in a previous version, ignore this, I haven't tried many of the recent version.)
Powzone
Trained
Trained

Post by Powzone »

Could you please add a version number to the download link? I'm quite confused sometimes... :D
Arch / Intel Core i9 12900 / 32GB RAM / NVidia RTX2070 Super
nighthawk
Trained
Trained

Post by nighthawk »

Ok then, well first, i'm confused, do we, or do we not have a version of this for Mac? and if so, are there any specific requirements for it?
"to prepare for disaster is to invite it"-unknown

"The Gravedigger"
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

nighthawk:
There is one.
It's highly outdated and has some bad problems, and sounds like no newer version is going to be available soon.
It requires mono runtime to work.

conclusion: I preferred virtualbox for this after all :(
(i'm using linux, but it's the same thing here)
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

yes you are right - no newer version :( because mono does not support .net 4.0 .....yet
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6