FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
nighthawk
Trained
Trained

Re: flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by nighthawk »

Ahhh.. well damn then...
"to prepare for disaster is to invite it"-unknown

"The Gravedigger"
air devel
Greenhorn

Post by air devel »

guys can you go to this link and help me to find a program to convert other files to wz files because i want to add some mods. link= viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7217
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

macuser, is MonoDevelop what you use? I might have no idea what I'm talking about, but I read this on the news page:

MonoDevelop 2.4.1 has been released. This release is focused mostly on bug fixes, but we still managed to add a few nice features: we now support .NET 4.0 projects, the Gtk# designer now works on OSX, better native OS integration on Mac and Windows.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Hey, that sounds like some good news! Thanks for checking them out for us (:
Getting myself a copy of mono runtime 2.8 now (:

upd: Never mind. False alarm. Visual Basic support is still in its infancy anyway. Link.
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

I've uploaded flaME 1.11 and a new program called fRMG which is a random map generator.

flaME 1.11:
The file format is changed to include compile information, so I suggest you don't save over your old files, incase there are errors there.
You can and must enter the scroll limits for any type of map, or they will default to zero.
The program takes longer to load, after I used the PNG tiles instead of the very old ones. On the first-run of the program, it will extract the PNGs from a zip, so expect it to take a bit longer again.

fRMG 0.5:
This currently only makes maps for 3.0+.
There's a help file in the zip about what everything does.
drgnrdr
Trained
Trained

Post by drgnrdr »

Flail13 wrote:I've uploaded flaME 1.11 and a new program called fRMG which is a random map generator.

fRMG 0.5:
This currently only makes maps for 3.0+.
There's a help file in the zip about what everything does.
Like it. It's easier to generate maps than Diorama. It's also faster. Two problems I had were:
1. It wouldn't let me save the maps to any other location for easier access(like the desktop).
2. Couldn't generate any water on any of the maps I generated(I only tried up to 20%).

Otherwise it's pretty good.

drgnrdr
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

I've removed 1.11. It has at least one terrible compile bug. The tile rotations are incorrect. Don't compile maps with it for now.
You wont be able to use any fme files from it in 1.10, but they should work in the next version.

drgnrdr,
1- I haven't had this problem. Help from someone who knows about file access in VB or in general would be appreciated.
2- Water will be improved in the next version.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I certainly liked the map generator! You seem to have hardcoded your mapping skills inside it (:

Also, I've managed to notice one little drawback v1.11 had: the tile smoothing on high zoom may be beautiful, but it becomes unwanted sometimes, like on the screen below, where it becomes hard to see some of the cliff tiles.
Attachments
Southern coast of the future river is pretty hard to notice on this zoom. And i *want* to notice it because i want to check if all cliff tiles are correct.
Southern coast of the future river is pretty hard to notice on this zoom. And i *want* to notice it because i want to check if all cliff tiles are correct.
scr.png (172.04 KiB) Viewed 28972 times
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

Emergency bug-fix version 1.12 of flaME is uploaded. :)

hao, I haven't been able to make the tiles any less blurry. I tried disabling the new mipmapping, but most of them were still as difficult to see. I think the updated tile graphics are part of the problem.
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

@Flail 13: If I were to write a NSIS installer for Flame would you use it?
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

milo, I'd like to have a proper installer. Can that be used with VB 2010 Express? What would I need to do to use it?
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

Here is a sample installer for flaME 1.12
flaME NSIS Install Files.zip
installer script and suport files
(150.6 KiB) Downloaded 511 times
To compile:
download and install NSIS from here
unzip the flaME pacage (the one linked to from the first post)
unzip the install scripts
edit the "!define" lines in the .nsi file as detailed in the readme file
compile the script, if NSIS is installed corectly it should be just a mater of right clicking and choosing compile
if you get any errors make sure all the defines are set right for your setup, there is only one that realy matters

To make these scripts work better with VB I would need to know how your project directory is setup, a simple "dir >> test.txt" would work fine as long as all the files needed for flame are included.
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

Thanks Milo. I PMed you the dir >> test files.
Gamer
New user

Post by Gamer »

Thanks
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

I do love flaMe 1.10 i think I will be afraid to change to newer versions for quite a while..

Is it advisable to move to newer ?? or I can still peacefully work on 1.10 ??

I would move to newer but only if stable..

Gentlemen here I want to thank you again for enabling me (and others) to use such a great tool like flaMe

I really appreciate your work
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero