FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
sensor
Trained
Trained

Re: flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by sensor »

Do to install editor mighty flaME on Windows 7 (compatibility) ?
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10 GHz 3,40 GHz
Win 10 Professional 64 bit
graphic card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
RAM 8,0 GB DDR III SDRAM
Yano
Trained
Trained

Post by Yano »

I have a suggestion for a futur version of Flame : :idea:

I do not know if what I say has already been said, but I it's good if the gateway can be duplicate by the mirror.
Sorry for my bad English. I'm French.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Yeah, copying and paste'ing gateways should be good.

P.S. The biggest and most annoying issue for me so far is that it's hard to copy and paste advanced bases. Even though changing color of multiple objects is possible, it's hard to do that when modules are set up, because you can select only one object on each location; even worse, copying and pasting messes up object IDs, resulting different factories/plants to be removed in "medium bases" mode, which currently cannon be effectively controlled in FlaME.

P.P.S.
Merowingg wrote:Shall I move to FlaMe 1.14 ?? or still wait for stable version ??
Works well for me ;)
Yano
Trained
Trained

Post by Yano »

NoQ : If I understand good and for answer you, you select one module (factory, command center etc...) and you change one by one the player.
I found a tips : Take "Select Tool" and take your selection in your map. Do "Select Units" and all of yours units will be select. You have just change in "Object Properties" the good player as you want.
Sorry for my bad English. I'm French.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Yano: no, i just described a few unavoidable problems that arize when one tries to do as you suggest. :hmm:
curtis15
Trained
Trained

Post by curtis15 »

i am trying to get FlaME to work on my MAC system but i am stuck can anyone assist me
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

curtis15: currently impossible, unless mono starts to support this version of VB.NET. Here is an older version of FlaME that works in Mac/linux, but it has a few bad bugs, so don't bother trying.
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

curtis15 wrote:i am trying to get FlaME to work on my MAC system but i am stuck can anyone assist me
Sorry john, Mac OS doesn't support flaMe. It's a windows app. Maybe you could install virtualbox and try and run it under reactos (a free but a tad unstable windows clone)?
Also known as Subsentient.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Reactos? Hmm, i'll give it a try just for that purpose, good point (!)
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

1.15 is available, but might be less stable than 1.14 since there's a larger number of changes.

I might release the source code again if it turns out to be stable. Will it be useful to anyone?

flaME Changes:

So that you can decide what structures get placed, there's a new unit property called "priority", which is just a number. It affects what order units are listed in, in the compiled .wz file. Units with a higher priority are listed first (and appear on the map first). Units with equal priority are listed in no particular order. So you might want to give each research facility and it's module a priority number that is different from another. The "priority" will be the same when pasted, so you should be able to copy a base and have the same structures appear in game.

Gateways can now be pasted. Only the gateways that have one end in the selection will get copied. So, gateways that pass through the selection but don't end in it are ignored. I did it like this because it was easier.

There's a new option to rotate units when pasting. It is unticked by default. However, when not rotating units and when rotating a selection 90 degrees, non-square units (such as the cyborg factory) will not be aligned to the grid properly after pasting, and should be moved again manually to be realigned.

When there are multiple units on a tile, you can select any of them after clicking on the tile, from a pop-up list.

I added some text under the view of the map that appears when you undo or redo, telling you what you undid or redid.

I fixed a bug in 1.14 where if you clicked on empty terrain with the unit-select tool and holding Ctrl, an error would occur.

fRMG changes:
Fixed a bug that sometimes left holes in cliffs.
Made the ground under oil resources flat, so they look better in game.
Fixed up the text alignment on the window.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I might release the source code again if it turns out to be stable. Will it be useful to anyone?
YEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!111oneone
(:
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

There is a link to the source code for 1.15 is in the first post.
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

I managed to get flaME to run in MonoDevelop, without noticing any serious problems. Perhaps the way I did it is not ideal, but it seems to work.
The code is here. Is this helpful to anyone?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Wow, good news! Still, i have the same problems with this one; i'll split it to a new thread.
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

flaME 1.16 for Mono (Linux/Mac) is complete :o (see the first post)