A Stats Editor

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

A Stats Editor

Post by Flail13 »

flaTE 0.5 -- Download

Expect errors. Export often!

You should have a good understanding of the text files Warzone uses before using this. See TXT Editing.

It loads/saves everything in a stats folder except: propulsionsounds, specialability, terraintable, weaponsounds
It needs names.txt also.
It now also loads the modifiers.
It loads some, but not all, of the unused values.

When you import or export, it will prompt you for a set of sub-directories to load from.

To select an item from a list, click the button to its left and click "Select", then choose a directory to load from.

You can change the sub-directories or create new sets of them on the "File Paths" table.

If you import "mp.wz":
- You need to delete all the entries caused by the key entries in the text files that will be misinterpreted by flaTE and produce bad output. Look in body, structures, structure classes ("Strength"), weapons, weapon classes ("weaponEffect") and research.
- You need to delete the three weapon entries in ZNULLDESIGN.

The ZNULL entries need to be at the top if you reorder the list or it will cause errors. Also, the original templates might need to stay in the original order, since trunk versions don't recognise the changes, last time I checked.

To make a new item click the top-left button in the list.

After selecting a table to change, you can view a single item's properties by selecting it from the list, with the button to its left. Alternatively you can drag the vertical bar to view everything in the table format.

Empty text values are not allowed, and some characters are filtered, but that's as far as the error checking goes, so take care to enter something valid.

For values that refer to another item (Such as a template's weapon) there will be a value called "<Nothing>". Click it and it will give you a list to select a new item from.

For values that contain a list (Such as a research item's result component), treat it as any of the tables and click the button in the top left corner to add new items.
Last edited by Flail13 on 27 Sep 2010, 12:53, edited 3 times in total.
KukY
Regular
Regular

Re: A Stats Editor

Post by KukY »

Nice, will test soon! :)

EDIT: :(
It won't run at all.

Code: Select all

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Neat. :D

Runs fine. Imported the data. Haven't tried making changes, exporting and running in-game yet.

I think this will have a similar impact as your FlaME or the old WZ Customizer KIt (for Pumpkin's v.1.10) - peeps that never made maps are making maps now.... peeps that would not text mod by hand, will be inspired to by this editor. Maybe in keeping with FlaME you can call this one FlaTE. ;)

- RV :cool:
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Rman Virgil wrote:.

Neat. :D

Runs fine. Imported the data. Haven't tried making changes, exporting and running in-game yet.

I think this will have a similar impact as your FlaME or the old WZ Customizer KIt (for Pumpkin's v.1.10) - peeps that never made maps are making maps now.... peeps that would not text mod by hand, will be inspired to by this editor. Maybe in keeping with FlaME you can call this one FlaTE. ;)

- RV :cool:
falSE! ;)
*ducks*
and it ends here.
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

I'll use flaTE for now.
I put up a new version because the other had errors with pasting.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Buginator wrote: falSE! ;)
*ducks*
Ouch! xD
(I'm thinking if someone could take that seriously, lol - would be too much fun for me :cool: )

Well, it seems like flail13 once again is working on things that will get me making changes further from graphical ones to Warzone!
Man, you are awesome, really! :)

~Olrox
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Olrox wrote: Man, you are awesome, really! :)

~Olrox
I would echo that as well.

This tool greatly facilitates the process of incremental change & the associated multitudinous testing cycle. It makes what would otherwise be tedious, time consuming drudgery by hand, a joyous adventure of discovery in WZ as an analogue to complexity science & emergent behavior experimentation.

FlaME, FlaTE & VSC2 have become indispensable for my happy work on creating fresh WZ GP experience for me and my RTS gaming buds.

Thank you for this creation. xD

- Regards, RV :ninja:

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
crux
Trained
Trained

Post by crux »

Flail13, you deserve some kind of a award for your work!

I would like to nominate you for some kind of warzone community award for making kick ass utilities!
too bad they don't have a award system here :(
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

crux wrote:Flail13, you deserve some kind of a award for your work!

I would like to nominate you for some kind of warzone community award for making kick ass utilities!
too bad they don't have a award system here :(
Let's create the awesome ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM AWARD, hahahahahahahaha xD
(a bit) Older members should know what I'm talking about ;)

but yeah, I think it'd be nice to have a personal ranking system - only users from a specific rank or above can vote. This way one would know when he's awesome (5 stars or something) and when he's got a real problem (half star or something) :D

Would encourage people to improve the quality of their posts, making the procedure of reading a lot more enjoyable!

~Olrox
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Olrox wrote:but yeah, I think it'd be nice to have a personal ranking system - only users from a specific rank or above can vote. This way one would know when he's awesome (5 stars or something) and when he's got a real problem (half star or something) :D
The problem with this is that it encourages people to develop an adversarial system - "I'm competing with person X" instead of "we're all working together". It also causes bandwagoning, since people are less likely to speak sincerely if they think their ranking is on the line. Or what if someone doesn't know any better? One of the worst feelings in the world is to learn that even though you're trying your best, everyone else still doesn't think it's good enough.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Zarel wrote:One of the worst feelings in the world is to learn that even though you're trying your best, everyone else still doesn't think it's good enough.
Well, if everyone else thinks it's not good enough, then probably it isn't, and to avoid facing this reality usually means wasting time. People usually (I've sometimes done the opposite for a similarly bad effect) don't think too much before exposing their ideas, being too sudden, and most times that results in a shallow line of thinking.

People here in Brazil (especially at school) don't develop because there isn't a real recognition for the people that put a real effort on improving. I mean, the nerdy are the nerdy and usually they really are assholes unfortunately, there are a few who really earned it and recognize that it isn't easy and that most people didn't fail to achieve high grades because they are stupid or something. Usually people who get the high grades don't care to effectively integrate various subjects, they study like bastards to get a high grade on exams and shortly after, throw away everything to "make room" for another similar proccess - those are usually recognized as "good students".

But there really isn't a real evaluation for each people's effort or special habilities. That's sad because people don't feel motivated to try to improve if they are in a bad situation - those get to end as the poor people who won't study even for free.

I know we are not getting a personal ranking system. It'll be much quicker if I really accept that, this way I can save my time to make something I'm really good at, even if I'm not rewarded for that in my real life, yet: I have a personal goal of not letting that reality distort the purpose of studying in a harsh course (which is, for me, having a true coherent knowledge over everything I'm studying rather than forgetting things after exams). Problem is, as I'm not recognized even though I put a real effort on connecting every piece of knowledge I get there, I'll take an additional year to complete my course, and I've already heard that It's not clever to do that. I'll see about that in the future, I hope I'm not wrong :stare:

But please, I'm not *getting the last word on this*, however we should not continue this conversation here. That was rather a fun idea I had as opposite to a well-grown line of thinking. I apologize for even mentioning that since it opened the doors for off-topic talk.

~Olrox
Zarax
Trained
Trained

Post by Zarax »

Sorry for being a potential PITA but I guess I'm doing something wrong.

I opened flate, clicked on import and pointed it to my unpacked mp.wz folder.
I get warning for almost every stat file and then it says it's done but when I click on any option it stays blank.

Any idea on what it may cause this?

Thanks!
Attachments
Image8.jpg
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

Zarax wrote:Any idea on what it may cause this?
not really...
the warnings are normal.
after a quick look in the code i havent found anything that should cause that. do you have NET framework 3.5sp1 installed? are the stats pages completely blank or do they have a vertical seperator with columns on the left?
Zarax
Trained
Trained

Post by Zarax »

I do have the latest .net framework installed, here's what I get...
Attachments
Image9.jpg
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

It looks like it's the font that isnt working. I think its the same type of error that was causing the "string to single" error that was in flaME. I've uploaded a file with it fixed. It might fix it for Kuky too.