2c-Spires

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Dylan Hsu
Banned
Banned

2c-Spires

Post by Dylan Hsu »

SS
SS
2c-Spires.wz
(26.93 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
1v1 map created with Flail13's WZME.
52 oil total; 8 oil/base, 40 land oil, 7 naval oil, 5 aerial oil.
4 trucks to start with.
128x128.

Story:
Dylan decided there weren't any good Warzone 1v1 maps that were balanced, fun, and of decent size, so he made one. It has some spires in it and a dirt road running through the map. Fight on the water amidst the spires, on the open beach, or on the mainland among the jagged mesas.

Enjoy!
wari
Trained
Trained

Re: 2c-Spires

Post by wari »

I like it, thanks!
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Dylan Hsu wrote: Story:
Dylan decided there weren't any good Warzone 1v1 maps that were balanced, fun, and of decent size, so he made one. It has some spires in it and a dirt road running through the map. Fight on the water amidst the spires, on the open beach, or on the mainland among the jagged mesas.
I don't know how you can live with an attitude like that :-S

The map looks boring, and I hate maps with tons of oil...
Maybe it's just me, though.
RBL-4NiK8r
Trained
Trained

Post by RBL-4NiK8r »

Olrox wrote:
Dylan Hsu wrote: Story:
I don't know how you can live with an attitude like that :-S

The map looks boring, and I hate maps with tons of oil...
Whats tons of oil ? More then 1 in base as it is you should have at lest 4 oil wells in base, and another 4 close to the base to give you enough for 2 power gens, after that go out and find it, and fight for it. I did that for most of my maps so you can at lest get a ok start, but the key was to get out and find and keep your other oil wells.

The other reason I try to go with 4 in base and 4 near by, and I am not talking right outside the base either, but close enough to get in the first 5 mins or so of play is that starting on T3 is going to draw much more power, then starting T1 so you need that balance, even if you dont like oil. Also I tend to hide them on different levels of the map or at lest try to, plus I will give players mini bases to set up if the map is big enough. ArcticMyst was an 8 player map that had many of places to hid and set up other bases, and I played a few 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4 and 8 player FFA and one of the things I tried to do was to keep people from spaming tons of Artty in open spaces, now it can be done but not that easy.

4nE
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

RBL-4NiK8r wrote: Whats tons of oil ?
For me 52 oil for a 2-player map is too much.
Olrox wrote: Maybe it's just me, though.
I didn't write that because I think it's funny.
Dylan Hsu
Banned
Banned

Post by Dylan Hsu »

Olrox wrote:
RBL-4NiK8r wrote: Whats tons of oil ?
For me 52 oil for a 2-player map is too much.
I didn't write that because I think it's funny.
Much of it is contested and 12 of it isn't accessible until Tier 2, 5 until vtol, after which all of that is easily contested/tough to defend also. Between experienced players, much of the oil on the map does not end up being used, as I can tell you from playtesting.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

I really hope that this convinve you all that it is my own opinion. Otherwise you should add "only post favorable comments that doesn't include your very own opinion" on the first post.

I just think that, due to the map size, water proportion and due to the fact it's a 1x1, 40 land oil is too much. For me. that, I call personal taste, an it's something I definetely have.
Sorry for the bold fonts. If you get the picture and want me to let them as normal fonts please ask - I don't want to pollute the topic in any way.
Dylan Hsu
Banned
Banned

Post by Dylan Hsu »

Olrox wrote:
I really hope that this convinve you all that it is my own opinion. Otherwise you should add "only post favorable comments that doesn't include your very own opinion" on the first post.

I just think that, due to the map size, water proportion and due to the fact it's a 1x1, 40 land oil is too much. For me. that, I call personal taste, an it's something I definetely have.
Sorry for the bold fonts. If you get the picture and want me to let them as normal fonts please ask - I don't want to pollute the topic in any way.
Wiseass :P
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Dylan Hsu wrote: Wiseass :P
I won't thank you but will also ignore any possibly dyslogistic interpretation. If you feel like taling further about this on your own topic, feel free. Otherwise, I'll be glad to only watch this one.