4c-The Lost River - WIP by Olrox

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Olrox
Art contributor

Re: 4c-The Lost River - WIP by Olrox

Post by Olrox »

Another ghost town is done. This one is Vanturie Delamunt, the northernmost town of the valley. This pic gives a hint about the whole conspiracy that is yet to be unshrouded behind the valley of the lost river. This map will most probably have following missions that will present a little further CAM-taste to the whole thing. Then it won't have a story anymore - it'll then be an entire storyline :wink:
Just a thought, anyway, don't tell anybody 8)
Vanturie Delamunt.jpg
~Olrox
DylanDog
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by DylanDog »

Olrox wrote: With my idea of using an "aid radius", a group of scavs would only help other scav units that were attacked if those are inside this "aid radius". This one can be generous, like, let's say, a 40 tile radius maybe?
I am gonna work on this and introduce the "aid radius" on the dydo-scav. 40 tile radious is ok?
My Warzone 2100 mods:
Download DyDo-AI for Warzone skirmish/multiplayer games.
Download A2C-HM (Alpha 2 Campaign - Hard Mode).
Download A3C-HM (Alpha 3 Campaign - Hard Mode).
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

DylanDog wrote:
Olrox wrote: With my idea of using an "aid radius", a group of scavs would only help other scav units that were attacked if those are inside this "aid radius". This one can be generous, like, let's say, a 40 tile radius maybe?
I am gonna work on this and introduce the "aid radius" on the dydo-scav. 40 tile radious is ok?
I think that 40 is maybe only a little bit too much, but you may want to test that to see what you think is reasonable. Per wrote the scripts already to support this funciton, you can find information as well as the code itself in this topic:viewtopic.php?f=30&t=5100&start=0
Glad to see you're willing to improve that :wink:

~Olrox
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

Hey Orlox, any news about your project? =)
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

themac wrote:Hey Orlox, any news about your project? =)
FYI, he is away from the forums.
Wibble199
Trained
Trained

Post by Wibble199 »

Noooooooooo!

Why did he leave?
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Wibble199 wrote:Noooooooooo!

Why did he leave?
He chose to of his own freewill & for his own personal reasons.

- RV :cool:

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Wibble199 wrote:Noooooooooo!

Why did he leave?
Rman Virgil wrote: He chose to of his own freewill & for his own personal reasons.

- RV :cool:
Hey guys,

I didn't *leave*, I'm just away for an undetermined period of time. There are a lot of reasons and explaining it all here wouldn't be good. I'm answering to this because I'm still subscribed to this topic, but cleared all of my subscriptions list to make sure that I'd manage to effectively stay away from the forums without too much temptation that would put in risk my recovery proccess. Adding to that, my course was never easy on me and I'm overloaded with researches and exams, so it's important that I focus into that since pretty much of my career depends on completing that course and it's the last year, after all.

I'll certainly come back, but don't know when, and I do feel sorry to have left so abruptly as to make people think it was final or whatever. I don't know at which degree of participation I'll get back to, surely it'll be less than what it was before, to my own protection, and not to harm other members' participation (since I seemed to be making many people uncomfortable with the way I was overwhelming with the exposition of my own opinion). After all, I'm just another member and I apologize to everyone that this post can reach if I ever seemed to think that somehow the rules are different to me or anything like that.

Hmm, too much lines I think. Better get back to the cave :P

Olrox.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Do understand. Share many of those sensibilities. Wise all the way 'round, I'm sure. :)

- Take care, RV :cool:
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

Hey, Olrox, are you still alive? :)
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

themac wrote:Hey, Olrox, are you still alive? :)
Sure thing :D
I've been here.

However if you mean to inquiry about this project, I've searched my files and was unfortunately unable to locate it, BUT...

There are some old HDs of mine hidden somewhere. I will get around to search them for the map files shortly :ninja:

P.S.: Whoa, I'm nearly at my 2000th post here O_o
Sometimes I forget how active I was. Gotta make it nostalgic I guess XD
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

Welcome back Olrox! :)