Texfiles from dOOm !

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
D.Durand
Trained
Trained

Texfiles from dOOm !

Post by D.Durand »

Hello,

I want to mod.

i know how to use PieSlicer (even if i need to go under Windows for that  :P ), it's not a problem.

But the problem is : Well, when i have this damn PIE file... how i make the game use it ?

I have looked in the /stats and the /stats/research/multiplayer files, and it's the HORROR ! Lovecraft himself don't even dream that.
I understand some points, because i have a very long experience of modding (damn, i made one of the only usable and not graphic-crappy unofficial unit for Dark Reign ! I mod since... 1988), but without know what EXACTLY i need to do with

R-Wpn-Rocket02-MRL,Level One-Two,0,0,IMAGE_RES_WEAPONTECH,0,0,RES_W_RK_MRL1,0,Rocket-MRL,WEAPON,2400,1,1,0,0,0,0,0,1

or

Cyb-Bod-Rail1,Level All,LIGHT,30,125,150,200,cybd_std.pie,100,1,500,12,6,0,0

i don't think i can really mod

:'(
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Texfiles from dOOm !

Post by lav_coyote25 »

yes you can mod. ;D two choices.

1)documents project online

2)register - receive an confirmation email - login and download the documents project desktop version - windows help file with close to all that is known about warzone 2100 mod and map making plus the manual and walkthroughs / techtree with graphics / links etc.

Latest version of the Documents Project - desktop.
42.8 MB (44,974,080 bytes) RAR on disk.
43.1 MB (45,248,512 bytes) extracted .CHM file on disk.
66.4 MB (69,713,920 bytes) before compiling into .chm file.

System Requirements:

* windows help file format .CHM - most operating systems are capable of viewing this file.
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
D.Durand
Trained
Trained

Post by D.Durand »

Hello,

Thank you for your answer, but that not resolve the problem.

By example, none of the sections explain what is the "RES_W_RK_MRL1" in
R-Wpn-Rocket02-MRL,Level One-Two,0,0,IMAGE_RES_WEAPONTECH,0,0,RES_W_RK_MRL1,0,Rocket-MRL,WEAPON,2400,1,1,0,0,0,0,0,1

Actually, i can't ADD a weapon (blood ray gun, fairy missiles, etc), or a body (a third red body), or even a structure (put a heavy laser or a double-barrelled cannon on a bunker, for example), juste REPLACE an object (a body, in the document) by another.

And i don't find how add a tech  :-\
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Watermelon »

D.Durand wrote: Hello,

Thank you for your answer, but that not resolve the problem.

By example, none of the sections explain what is the "RES_W_RK_MRL1" in

Actually, i can't ADD a weapon (blood ray gun, fairy missiles, etc), or a body (a third red body), or even a structure (put a heavy laser or a double-barrelled cannon on a bunker, for example), juste REPLACE an object (a body, in the document) by another.

I think RES_W_RK_MRL1 is the internal string resource(comp name displayed in research menu in game) for the weapon R-Wpn-Rocket02-MRL,the value of RES_W_RK_MRL1 should be defined in one of those .wrf's.
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

D.Durand wrote: By example, none of the sections explain what is the "RES_W_RK_MRL1" in

you can thank the original psx compatibility for that -- because of the memory limitations of the play station, research trees were extremely limited, as were the total number of components, structures (and anything else you'd want to mod) that could be in the game -- in nearly all cases, adding 5-12 of any one thing will cause the game to crash on mission load. i don't know if these restrictions have been relaxed since it has gone open source, but in any case, most of the tutorials you read will suggest that "if you want to add something, you have to remove something else." in most cases, it was simply easier to use the same component id, and just change the name and all the stats, so "jimmys_megabomb" might keep that same id, but would would be changed to show "triple machinegun" in game. easiest way to check these things is just add about 20 mockup weapons, and if the game crashes on mission load, then the limitations haven't been relaxed.

also, traditionally wzck was used for this sort of editing. it is a rather good program, but is windows only, and like windows, has some tendency to crash, so you might save your work frequently (people like me, who aren't using windows may be able to use wine to run it. the dependencies are simple enough that wine for osx might be able to run it as well, and wine is generally available for all platforms on which warzone is supported) -- the one thing about it, though, is you won't want to use the "compile wdg" option, since wdg's are now deprecated -- you should be able to just zip compress whatever it outputs as a .wz file.
lav_coyote25 wrote: yes you can mod. ;D two choices.

1)documents project online

2)register - receive an confirmation email - login and download the documents project desktop version - windows help file with close to all that is known about warzone 2100 mod and map making plus the manual and walkthroughs / techtree with graphics / links etc.

Latest version of the Documents Project - desktop.
42.8 MB (44,974,080 bytes) RAR on disk.
43.1 MB (45,248,512 bytes) extracted .CHM file on disk.
66.4 MB (69,713,920 bytes) before compiling into .chm file.

System Requirements:

* windows help file format .CHM - most operating systems are capable of viewing this file.
indeed, most operating systems can view chm files when you install the appropriate software. unless it's requested that i don't, i figured i might as well take 3 minutes and package together an offline version packaged in the standard archive formats (note that this won't have the search capabilities that the chm download would, but if you're using a unix, you should probably already know how to grep). also, these might help as alternatives to the rar format on unix machines since the foss unrar utility only can decompress rar's created with the foss rar util, and the proprietary linux unrar utility is, well, buggy.

now available in: if you're going to download one of the tar.* files, you might as well go with the gzip compressed one, since it's only a few hundred kilobytes difference from the bzip2 one, and will decompress faster, though, in the time you spent reading this statement, bzip2 could've been done decompressing it anyways.

also, the above is not a compilation of the full documents project, as i gather -- it's simply a complete offline mirror of coyote's online doc project site. if it is so wished, i can easily package full versions if the current ones are missing anything.
D.Durand
Trained
Trained

Post by D.Durand »

Thank for your answer

Damn, if i understand well , that mean it's impossible to expand the game ?
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

D.Durand wrote: Thank for your answer

Damn, if i understand well , that mean it's impossible to expand the game ?

* Heck no.

* You need to get your hands on the Patch v.1.12 (unofficial... really the most comprehensive mod of the original wz ever released)....

* Lav_Coyote.... do you have uploaded on wztoys site ??? (the v.1.12 .wdg..... & maybe Strata's source files as well for v.1.12 ?)

* If yea... could ya post the link here for D. Durand.... (Tanks C-man ;) )

l8r, rv :D

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
D.Durand
Trained
Trained

Post by D.Durand »

I don't know if i can use a "patch", because i don't play actually with an original version (i remember this : The second CD was bugged  ;D ), but with the Linuw version on "package" 2.0.5 (on this site).

EDIT : find a link with patch here : http://worldforceclan.com/warzone2100/downloads.html

There are two 1.12 patch (a regular and an update). Say if i need the two or if only the "update" is needed ?
Last edited by D.Durand on 18 Jan 2007, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

http://www.coppercore.net/~wztoys/downl ... a_9-16.zip

copy and paste that into your browser - is the one i know works 100 percent only if you follow the instructions.
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Watermelon »

D.Durand wrote: I don't know if i can use a "patch", because i don't play actually with an original version (i remember this : The second CD was bugged  ;D ), but with the Linuw version on "package" 2.0.5 (on this site).

EDIT : find a link with patch here : http://worldforceclan.com/warzone2100/downloads.html

There are two 1.12 patch (a regular and an update). Say if i need the two or if only the "update" is needed ?
you need the 'source' version,btw I am still changing the txt files constantly atm(adding new 'fields'),so you better wait and use the svn txt files when they become relatively stable.
you can thank the original psx compatibility for that -- because of the memory limitations of the play station, research trees were extremely limited, as were the total number of components, structures (and anything else you'd want to mod) that could be in the game -- in nearly all cases, adding 5-12 of any one thing will cause the game to crash on mission load. i don't know if these restrictions have been relaxed since it has gone open source, but in any case, most of the tutorials you read will suggest that "if you want to add something, you have to remove something else." in most cases, it was simply easier to use the same component id, and just change the name and all the stats, so "jimmys_megabomb" might keep that same id, but would would be changed to show "triple machinegun" in game easiest way to check these things is just add about 20 mockup weapons, and if the game crashes on mission load, then the limitations haven't been relaxed.
you sure there is a very low(300ish) hardcoded cap of number of stats of a type?I checked it seems it's 0x010000 stats per a type(weapon,body etc) and numSomestats is UDWORD,so it shouldnt crash because of stats number limitations...
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

Watermelon wrote: you sure there is a very low(300ish) hardcoded cap of number of stats of a type?I checked it seems it's 0x010000 stats per a type(weapon,body etc) and numSomestats is UDWORD,so it shouldnt crash because of stats number limitations...
it would seem, then, that the limitation has been removed since we got hold of the source.
D.Durand
Trained
Trained

Post by D.Durand »

It's not 300 units in game ?
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Watermelon »

D.Durand wrote: It's not 300 units in game ?
The cap of units in mp is 300,but I meant the max number of comp stats per a type(e.g:weapons mg LC MC HC lancer laser etcetc)