and i even know what caused it i think... dunno if this is helpfull...

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

and i even know what caused it i think... dunno if this is helpfull...

Post by lav_coyote25 »

can you spot the error? ???
error:      gwLinkGateways: Gateway at (221,184)->(228,184) is too close to a blocking tile. Zones 15, 8
error:      Assert in Warzone: gateway.c:746 : gwLinkGateways ((psCurr->flags & GWR_WATERLINK) || gwCheckFloodTiles(psCurr))
error:      buildStructure - structure - 164600 already found at 177, 211
error:      Assert in Warzone: structure.c:2134 : buildStructure (!(TILE_HAS_STRUCTURE(mapTile(mapX+width,mapY+breadth))))
error:      widgSetTabs: invalid major or minor id
error:      Assert in Warzone: form.c:680 : widgSetTabs (FALSE)
error:      unit direction out of range
error:      Assert in Warzone: action.c:1087 : actionUpdateDroid (psDroid->direction = MAKEFRACT(0))
error:      moveCalcTurn: target out of range
error:      Assert in Warzone: move.c:971 : moveCalcTurn (target = MAKEFRACT(0))
error:      Assert in Warzone: move.c:971 : moveCalcTurn (target = MAKEFRACT(0))
Attachments
spot the error.jpg
Last edited by lav_coyote25 on 12 Jan 2007, 11:26, edited 1 time in total.
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: and i even know what caused it i think... dunno if this is helpfull...

Post by lav_coyote25 »

and here is another... apparently when the map is compiled there is no error checking ( for whoever takes this on).
error:      buildStructure - structure - 164600 already found at 177, 211  (= 2 items in the same square caused this)
error:      Assert in Warzone: structure.c:2134 : buildStructure (!(TILE_HAS_STRUCTURE(mapTile(mapX+width,mapY+breadth))))  (is this part of the same error or different error)

=======================================================================================================
from structure.c:2134 - sourcefile/svn

// don't really think this should be done here, but dont know otherwise.alexl
if(pStructureType->type == REF_WALLCORNER || pStructureType->type == REF_WALL)
{
if(TILE_HAS_STRUCTURE(mapTile(mapX+width,mapY+breadth)))
{
if(getTileStructure(mapX+width,mapY+breadth)->pStructureType->type == REF_WALLCORNER)
{
return NULL; // dont build.
}
}
}
// end of dodgy stuff
Last edited by lav_coyote25 on 13 Jan 2007, 18:57, edited 1 time in total.
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

* Another mapper oversite that will cause similar BUT will still allow you to compile a .LND is if in placing your gateway you encompass a struct. It may also happen with a feature. Also, features are tile-set specific and therefore incompatible. They will compile as .LND and they will load in-game but you will invoke bizzare and ugly GFX.

* Also, engaging edgebrushes often causes 32EW to crash. Working without is possible but a handicap.

Cheerio, rv :)

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Watermelon »

lav_coyote25 wrote: can you spot the error? ???
error:      Assert in Warzone: structure.c:2134 : buildStructure (!(TILE_HAS_STRUCTURE(mapTile(mapX+width,mapY+breadth))))
this one means the game/script is trying to place a structure on a tile which is already occupied by another structure.
lav_coyote25 wrote: error:      Assert in Warzone: action.c:1087 : actionUpdateDroid (psDroid->direction = MAKEFRACT(0))
this one means the facing of a 'pre-placed' droid is out of range,wz only accepts 0-359 facing in degree's(0 is pointing to 'default north',90 is pointing to 'default east',180 'default south' etc)

I am not sure if this sort of info is what you are looking for or not,since I dont know how wz map editor work/'interact' with the source.
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.