Intrested--

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
LostSoulJa
Rookie
Rookie

Intrested--

Post by LostSoulJa »

I've gotten into the game like crazy (Same with Pig, Mach, Scourge, and all them) and i'd be intrested in doing a few maps for it (maybe editing a few for fun) and i've been looking over the forums, and i cant seem to put it all together to get into making  a map.

Can you direct me to the right place to download the mapper, or what to load up for it, and all that.

Im sure its in here somewhere, just cant seem to find it.

kthnkz
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Intrested--

Post by lav_coyote25 »

click here

register
receive a confirmation email - respond
login

downloads section - under utilities. =  WarZone 2100 World Editor 32 bit -128 by128 -png Beta.rar

;D
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
LostSoulJa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LostSoulJa »

thnkz.

/downlaods.

/makes map with 40 oil's per base :D

[edit]

Ok, so i opened it up, and it ask's for like 6 directoroies.

what do i set the folders to?

<<<<<------ is reall confused lol.
Last edited by LostSoulJa on 31 Dec 2006, 05:37, edited 1 time in total.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

inside the installer - look where you installed it. there is a windows help file in there that explains everything.

also you can see the exact same file here!!
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
LostSoulJa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LostSoulJa »

THIS IS REALLY CONFUSING!

ZOMG!

ok, so is there a way i can edit one of the maps i already have?

i just wanna pick one and add 5r08490854859845 oil's!
Warmaster
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Warmaster »

I got one map, say sort of "ready" and when I click the green Compile button it starts ok but soon says there's not enough players...me doesn't understand that.
I took all the P#'s in order and set units on the landscape.

What does it need?
:D
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

player 0
player 1
player 2
player 3
player 4
player 5
player 6
player 7

each player  HAS to have 1 command center and at least 1 truck (the builder unit).

and as for oil - too much is not a good thing. according to what i have observed... each power plant with upgrade will support 4 oil wells with derrick.  according to the in game set structure limits screen - a cap of 10 power plants is in effect. so 10 x 4 = 40 oils per player.
more than that is a waste and can not be built upon once the 40 per player has been utilized.

if you dont go into that menu then the game uses a default amount ( what it is i cant remember) but its not much.
the same holds true for the research centers....
LostSoulJa
Rookie
Rookie

Post by LostSoulJa »

Ok, can anyone direct me to a good step by step tutorial on how to get a map going and the basics?

I came across one a day or two ago, and i cant seem to find it.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »