Wha- up ! Weirdness of 32-bit Edit World Experience....

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Wha- up ! Weirdness of 32-bit Edit World Experience....

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Rman Virgil wrote: * K..... went ahead & cleaned-up my initial  install (inc going through the Registry by hand & deleting ALL EW pathways).... have reinstalled EW but have not yet set-up directory prefs cause I have ?s.
* There is a "Data" folder that has tertiles from 11/05 AND the "SAMPLES" folder that has tertiles from 1/06..... my question is 1st WHY (why the old ver in the DATA folder, etc.) and 2nd - which tertiles are referenced for the 32BitEW Data directory Prefs and which should be loaded for a "Map Project" ? I'm assuming the tertiles referenced should be one and the same (the newest version aka in "Samples") however I won't set-up the EW data prefs (& redo my TR.ind project till I'm 100% clear on this point.
* Thanks, rv :)

keep the data folder listed - needs to be there - as i said qamly didnt get it fixed .  but when making new maps use the ones in the samples folder. at least thats what i have found works.  i tried moving things etc... and all it would do is crash or give a error when in game.
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.