Player missing truck?

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
kipman725
Trained
Trained

Player missing truck?

Post by kipman725 »

Hello I am having a problem compiling my map, I get the message that a player is missing a truck even though each player has two "constructor droids" (they were called trucks in the side bar when I placed them) and those droids are next to the base res of their respective player and there is a structure close by. Anyway I have posted the .lnd.
Attachments
ai-arena-zoned.zip
(279.41 KiB) Downloaded 303 times
kipman725
Trained
Trained

Re: Player missing truck?

Post by kipman725 »

alright I fixed that problem and moved all structures out of the dead zone my map now compiles but crashes warzone when I try and play it.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

* You placed overlaping oil resources with derricks in Zones 23 & 25.... Unfortunately EW allows you to compile with that error... but it will always Crash in-game....

* I'll continue to review your .ind to see if there are any other issues.

- RV

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

--------------------->

* Same issue in Zones 11, 13, 15, 17, 19 and 21...

* This all easy to fix... however...

* There may be an other issue involving more work to fix.... you've placed structs within 1-2 tiles of the edge of the map.... you should always allow, to be safe, at least 5 tiles inward from any edge where place NOTHING.....

* Also .... the way you've done your Gateways is gonna create major pathing problems...... but, first things first.... and right now that's getting your map in-game...

- RV

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
kipman725
Trained
Trained

Post by kipman725 »

I got it running in game and pathings absolutly fine even with the CPU pumping out insane numbers of units. The trick to stoping the crashes was to use an updated EW executable. I had to move the structs. The oil well bug you were speaking of would that minifest as there still been a well once an oil driller has been built on the well?
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

------------->

* Glad you got it goin. :) Didn't know there was another executable for 32 EW beside the one Qalmy created way back. (Interesting as that source code was lost.....)

* Basically, on one tile you either place an oil resource to be capped in game OR a working oil derrick but not both on the same tile.

* Very interesting map design, btw and all the best with it.

- Regards, RV :D

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Rman Virgil wrote: * Also .... the way you've done your Gateways is gonna create major pathing problems...... but, first things first.... and right now that's getting your map in-game...
2.1 don't use gateways, so that wouldn't be a problem. 1.x-2.0.x uses them though.
* Glad you got it goin. :) Didn't know there was another executable for 32 EW beside the one Qalmy created way back. (Interesting as that source code was lost.....)
It still is the same one. Just different. :P See the sticky's.
kipman725 wrote:Hello I am having a problem compiling my map, I get the message that a player is missing a truck even though each player has two "constructor droids" (they were called trucks in the side bar when I placed them) and those droids are next to the base res of their respective player and there is a structure close by. Anyway I have posted the .lnd.
I take it you fixed the 'missing truck' issue by using the correct droids now? That is usually the problem with that message.

All this under wine? Now, *that* is interesting! :3
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

All this under wine? Now, *that* is interesting!
* Kwel. And a very good thing too, I''d say.

- RV :)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
kipman725
Trained
Trained

Post by kipman725 »

yes there is a constructor and a construction droid which adds some confusion. This is not under wine I do have an xp partition for Alteras FPGA tools (windows version is free linux version costs $5000... wtf) and some other windows only software that has no chance of ever running under wine. This in nowhere near as bad as the late 90's where I had 8 different OS's installed at one time. If I am not allowed to place oil towers on oil resources then how will the game know to build them when running with bases on?

The graphical corruption problem with wine+editworld may be due to the ATI drivers as they have had issues with 3d acceleration and wine recently.,