Livestream Modding

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Livestream Modding

Post by MIH-XTC »

I'm going to livestream modding tomorrow at 6PM EST.

It's my first ever livestream and I'll be working on EB mod. I figure there's no harm for others to watch what I'm doing so I might as well stream. I'll have a mic and provide commentary as well as watch chat for questions.

https://youtu.be/7EcdjcoIDZ8

I have an agenda of things I can mod:

fix supercrete and plascrete connections
add stats for laser weapons
improve nexus link stats
improve commander stats
improve EMP rocket stats
adjust fortress stats
plasma cannon projectile
twin assault gun recoil
adjust super mortar muzzle gfx
add stats for rail weapons
TBD...

Add scavs to some maps
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Re: Livestream Modding

Post by MIH-XTC »

I'll do another round on Monday 6PM EST.

https://youtu.be/gtsIeNzTVzw

I don't have an agenda yet but I think I'll do some map editing for the campaign and maybe go over the Javascript. Other stuff is TBD.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Agenda so far:

1. AI editing. I'm going to make Nullbot use repair droids.

2. Map editing. I'll use the first map in Beta campaign. Maybe add more defensive structures for the human and increase enemy AI droids to balance it out

3. Campaign script editing. I'll use the first mission in Beta campaign. Maybe add an artifact or increase transporter frequencies.

If anyone has requests of things to cover/review let me know. We can touch on anything.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

nevermind, there doesn't seem to be much interest and I need to work on other things.

EDIT:
To clarify what I mean by "other things", I quit my job in real life as a software developer 4 months ago but I need to focus on finding a new one now, my savings are running out and I have a mortgage to pay. This is why I’ve been more active than lately in the past few months. The purpose of me working on Warzone is two-fold: I enjoy modding but I also need to study C++ and Git work flows. I've been populating my Github account in the past few months because I need that to help land a job. I have interviews coming up this week and instead of working on Warzone stuff, I need to focus on prepping interview questions and programming material. Once I get a job, I’ll probably be consumed with that and won’t return for a while. One day I’ll be much more fluent with C++ and will be able to contribute in that manner but right now it’s not my strong language.

Also, I think one live stream is enough. The next time I make a video I can work on editing it to deliver the information more quickly. The purpose of the videos is to show my workflow to other people that are interested in developing Warzone so that maybe they can pick up where I’m leaving off. I can deliver that information faster in a pre-recorded message whereas livestreams tend to drag on for a while.

I would like to spend all day working on Warzone but real life is calling me.