A Couple of Mod Requests

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
E-102 Gamma
Regular
Regular

A Couple of Mod Requests

Post by E-102 Gamma »

Hello,

Back in the day, my dad and I used to play a lot of WZ 1.10. We also played around with mods a good deal, and had a small handful that we used almost every time we played. These mods were "limits," "VTOL Trucks," and "researchmod2." We've recently started to play some more WZ, this time with the 3.x versions, and we've found that we miss these mods. So I did some Googling around and found Black Project's Limits mod for 3.2 (which seems to have been met with mixed reviews) in this site's Addons section. However, I was not able to find the other two for any modern version.

VTOL Trucks was simple and self-explanatory: You started the match with a Truck Viper VTOL template alongside your regular Truck Viper Wheels template. The body couldn't be changed back then, as 1.10 would make you re-select the turret to put on it, so you had to just live with the Viper body. This mod was a godsend for casual skirmishes and such, as your trucks took hardly any time getting around, and could never get stuck. Back in 1.10, you couldn't build anywhere that a ground unit couldn't get to, but I've noticed that that has changed since then, which I'm genuinely excited about.

"researchmod2" was an odd one. I think we found it in some random mod pack, with no documentation of who made it. It greatly increased the effectiveness of Research Modules and Research Upgrades, hugely speeding research up, especially in the late game, where research otherwise drags on and on. I'm not sure exactly how much it accelerated research, but what I do remember is that, whereas in vanilla WZ, the 'research power' bar on the research facilities in the Research menu never fills the whole way up, researchmod2 would cap the bar out in just a handful of upgrades, and continue to speed them up from there, so it had to have been at least three or four times faster, I think.

So could any of you help us out? I don't imagine these mods would be too terribly hard to make, but I don't know any code at all, so I couldn't do it myself without putting in some serious time and effort to learn to code. I'm also aware that these mods wouldn't be the least bit balanced, and I am okay with that. Again, they're for skirmish shenanigans rather than competitive online play.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :)
Quenton
Rookie
Rookie

Re: A Couple of Mod Requests

Post by Quenton »

Addon discussions
Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
wrong section
E-102 Gamma
Regular
Regular

Post by E-102 Gamma »

Oh, sorry. Reading the rules probably would have been a good call... :oops:

Can you point me in the right direction?
JimmyJack
Trained
Trained

Post by JimmyJack »

E-102 Gamma wrote:VTOL Trucks was simple and self-explanatory ... This mod was a godsend for casual skirmishes and such, as your trucks took hardly any time getting around, and could never get stuck.

Notice how he uses the word
godsend

I too remember those trucks. I believe that the default name in the build list was Rman-Jack and you had to have a VTOL factory to build them. I really LOVED those builders and I join Gama in asking, begging, that someone rebuild that mod for the 3.3.0 release.
E-120 Gamma wrote:Back in 1.10, you couldn't build anywhere that a ground unit couldn't get to, but I've noticed that that has changed since then, which I'm genuinely excited about.

Yes one of the coolest things to happen to wz2100 in a long time. Now I know that you can build cyborg builders and load them onto a transport and send them up there. One problem. If anything, and I do mean ANYTHING, shoots and lands just one hit. It blows-up and you loose the transport and all the builders that are aboard. Not cool.

People like to play games with cool stuff. So if you want more people playing the game. Bring back the cool. Please.
Transmission ends ...
WZ2100ModsFAn
Trained
Trained

Post by WZ2100ModsFAn »

JimmyJack wrote:
E-102 Gamma wrote:VTOL Trucks was simple and self-explanatory ... This mod was a godsend for casual skirmishes and such, as your trucks took hardly any time getting around, and could never get stuck.
I too remember those trucks. I believe that the default name in the build list was Rman-Jack and you had to have a VTOL factory to build them. I really LOVED those builders and I join Gama in asking, begging, that someone rebuild that mod for the 3.3.0 release.
it's not possible to do that in 3.3.0

it makes it an invalid template when you even try to spawn it out of the vtol factory

the only way you could get it as if you were in debug mode
JimmyJack
Trained
Trained

Post by JimmyJack »

WZ2100ModsFAn wrote:the only way you could get it as if you were in debug mode

:stressed: ...

:augh: ...

:annoyed: ...

Oh well I can work with that.

They said that it could not be done in 1.10 too but,as you can see, it got done.

Will it work with 3.1 or 2.1?
Transmission ends ...
WZ2100ModsFAn
Trained
Trained

Post by WZ2100ModsFAn »

JimmyJack wrote:
WZ2100ModsFAn wrote:the only way you could get it as if you were in debug mode

:stressed: ...

:augh: ...

:annoyed: ...

Oh well I can work with that.

They said that it could not be done in 1.10 too but,as you can see, it got done.

Will it work with 3.1 or 2.1?
probally early 3.1 but not late 3.1 then it's not going to work

it's also possible for version 2.3 and under
JimmyJack
Trained
Trained

Post by JimmyJack »

WZ2100ModsFAn wrote:probally early 3.1 but not late 3.1 then it's not going to work

it's also possible for version 2.3 and under

:shock: I have early 3.1 ...

O_o Come to think of it, I have 2.1 also ...

:D Daddy loves him some flying trucks. ...

:stressed: But that still don't get them in 3.3 That is where they would be coolest.

2.1 & 3.1 would be cool. I would download the mod and love it but I'm still looking for someone smart enough to find that code in 3.3 I know he is out there.

I could name one guy but he would not like it and homeland security never gives him enough time off to do stuff like that anymore. But, you know, where there is one.... bound to be another. I'll keep looking.
Transmission ends ...