Question about the FlaME editor

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Guardsman Brendo
Trained
Trained

Question about the FlaME editor

Post by Guardsman Brendo »

Hey again. Currently, I'm developing a map using Flame and I have a plan to make a semi-urban map. My point is that in urban maps, the structures make super viable cover, but in late game, they don't provide much as the instantly blow up. Is there a way to make these "features" have a larger amount of health, possibly with an indicator bar? An idea I have is to make them a "hidden" (like scav) structure so it would be treated like a normal building. This is kinda like the campaign mode Collective nuclear reactor and the scenery ones, such as on the map (3p) Gamma. At least I'm sure its that map.
--As of the above time, this was the last transmission received.
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Question about the FlaME editor

Post by NoQ »

The only way to change stats of objects (eg. hit points of neutral structures) is to make a "map-mod", i.e. make a mod that changes whatever rules you want, and zip it into the map. FlaME doesn't do that, it can only give you a map. If you want to add new objects, that don't exist in the base game, then you'd have to also update the objectdata of FlaME accordingly in order to include them on the map. Not sure i understand the point you're trying to make about Gamma, as i'm certain that it's a completely standard unmodded map.
Guardsman Brendo
Trained
Trained

Post by Guardsman Brendo »

NoQ wrote:The only way to change stats of objects (eg. hit points of neutral structures) is to make a "map-mod", i.e. make a mod that changes whatever rules you want, and zip it into the map. FlaME doesn't do that, it can only give you a map. If you want to add new objects, that don't exist in the base game, then you'd have to also update the objectdata of FlaME accordingly in order to include them on the map. Not sure i understand the point you're trying to make about Gamma, as i'm certain that it's a completely standard unmodded map.
Thanls for the map-mod info. Ill probably need more time than I currently have to do that. To clarify my point about gamma, i was trying to say how that contains the "neutral" nuclear reactor feature. However, such as in campaign beta, it is a structure in its respective mission, so it has more health and is counted as part of the team's structures.
--As of the above time, this was the last transmission received.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Yeah, the campaign uses a different set of stats (/base/ vs. /mp/), so it wasn't a problem to add a custom structure there.