Attn ALL Map/Mod/Music/Gfx/Sfx makers both new & old

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
new paradigm leader
Trained
Trained

Re: Attn ALL Map/Mod/Music/Gfx/Sfx makers both new & old

Post by new paradigm leader »

this stuff on legality copyright and such is awfully complicated maybe it would be better for us to take the stance of live and let live with our work i.e. as long as people arent dowloading from us then selling it then fine or is that the entire point ?
Return to your designated zone or be destroyed. You are in contravention of the new paradigm.
NEXUS
Trained
Trained

Post by NEXUS »

Hello all, I have finally got Editworld32 bit to work for me, (found the sticky thread with the updated file :D ) and will begin in the near future post some maps. I need to know if I have to put some type of release notice every time I post a map/mod or posting in this thread will suffice. also I don't mind you guys using any maps/mods I post on the fourms. :D Should I use either CC0 or GPL 2 for maps/mods?
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

NEXUS wrote:Hello all, I have finally got Editworld32 bit to work for me, (found the sticky thread with the updated file :D ) and will begin in the near future post some maps. I need to know if I have to put some type of release notice every time I post a map/mod or posting in this thread will suffice. also I don't mind you guys using any maps/mods I post on the fourms. :D Should I use either CC0 or GPL 2 for maps/mods?
You have to decide on the license yourself. You can also say, that any and all work you create from mm/dd/yy and on is under xyz license unless otherwise noted.

Or something like that. :)
and it ends here.
Powzone
Trained
Trained

Post by Powzone »

I would admit to add the CC-BY-NC-SA licence aswell to the selection in the firts post. I wouldn't want somebody to take my music and sell it on CDs or other digital media. As WZ won't go commercial again, it is okay to have it that way.
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/
Arch / Intel Core i9 12900 / 32GB RAM / NVidia RTX2070 Super
geolog23
New user

Post by geolog23 »

Hi, thanks devs to very nice game. I have some problems with sound and soundcards, strange spectral deformations when operating system must resample all sounds on-the-fly. I try some of the best resamplers to recreate them, but spectrum still not good. Now i have created my own resampling method (best of the world) and re-created all game sounds with it. This is 48kHz ogg soundpack to copy to .wz files, for 48kHz soundcard settings only. Check all your sound chain for better gaming. I believe that helps to audiophile gamers. Linux rulez.
https://yadi.sk/d/Spl_-DylOeIqzg

Upsample-downsample band-limited cascade as example:
https://pastebin.com/jY5vZ8Qa