Ultimate Scavs MOD no longer works in all v3.2 and Master...

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Ultimate Scavs MOD no longer works in all v3.2 and Master...

Post by Doruletz »

Call me old fashioned, but I'm a firm believer in the old American saying, IF IT AIN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!!!
While I'm all for progress, and also like new and improved features, I believe there should be some rules and limitations on how to go about and bring those newly goodies on...
Take for example WZ2100... Starting with v3.2, someone decided to pretty much do away with the usual ".txt" files used up until now and use those ".json" files instead. So, most of the pre-existing MODS no longer work, mainly because of that.
The Ultimate Scav MOD is a good example...

I mostly play skirmish games against AI opponents, and very rarely go on line to play multiplayer games, since nowadays that is pretty much like joining the RED ARMY...
Most in-game chat is done in Russian, they have their teams and stuff, and lots of times they just kick you out if they don't know you.
Now, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Russian players, some are even very helpful and polite, best example in that regard being a guy that goes by "General Sasha", with whom I had the pleasure to chat extensively in my early "newb" - rookie online multiplay days, and learned a lot of things from.

Sorry for getting off topic here, back to the UltScav MOD...

I like both the early game challenge of strong and aggressive Scavs, as well as the excellent buffer they provide to prevent early game rushes and constant harassment from stupid AIs.
Personally, I like to play the game well into it's late stages, so I can get to use advanced weaponry, such as Lasers, Rail Guns, Scourge & Seraph missiles, etc.
While I know that I can play UltScav MOD games in the old 3.1 versions, there is one thing I simply love about the new v3.2 and Master versions, and that is the option to have allies not share research. This new feature allows me to take on 4, 5 or even more AIs all by my self, without needing yet another dumb AI ally to always get in my way.

As a matter of fact, I just started another thread asking if and how we can implement this "allies don't share research" feature into the old v3.1 versions, link here:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12733

Back to the UltScav MOD:
Can someone please fix the UltScav MOD and make it compatible with the latest v3.2 and Master?
Or at least help me do that??

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
What do I think about Window$ ??? Just see my AVATAR...
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Ultimate Scavs MOD no longer works in all v3.2 and Maste

Post by NoQ »

See the mod's forum thread, there are already good news for you.
Prot
Trained
Trained

Post by Prot »

Doruletz wrote: I mostly play skirmish games against AI opponents, and very rarely go on line to play multiplayer games, since nowadays that is pretty much like joining the RED ARMY...
Most in-game chat is done in Russian, they have their teams and stuff, and lots of times they just kick you out if they don't know you.
Now, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Russian players, some are even very helpful and polite, best example in that regard being a guy that goes by "General Sasha", with whom I had the pleasure to chat extensively in my early "newb" - rookie online multiplay days, and learned a lot of things from.
I have small team who playing while rest in office in lunch time, we are not pro players and we lack not pro players, to play standard maps(not rich oil like "ntw"). if you get your contacts like google talk or skype, we can invite you sometimes when we play.
We play in 3.1.5 and 3.2.1 version of the game, and yeah, we are Russians too.
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Post by Doruletz »

NoQ wrote:See the mod's forum thread, there are already good news for you.
NoQ, can you please post a link here for me?
Thanks.
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Post by Doruletz »

Prot, I sent you a PM re your invite, thanks.
Prot wrote:
Doruletz wrote: I mostly play skirmish games against AI opponents, and very rarely go on line to play multiplayer games, since nowadays that is pretty much like joining the RED ARMY...
I have small team who playing while rest in office in lunch time, we are not pro players and we lack not pro players, to play standard maps(not rich oil like "ntw"). if you get your contacts like google talk or skype, we can invite you sometimes when we play.
We play in 3.1.5 and 3.2.1 version of the game, and yeah, we are Russians too.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Doruletz wrote:
NoQ wrote:See the mod's forum thread, there are already good news for you.
NoQ, can you please post a link here for me?
Thanks.
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=9182&p=135905#p135882

If you download the mod from addons, there's always a "Forum link:" there.
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Post by Doruletz »

@NoQ:

Thanks a lot, NoQ.
I downloaded the "ultimatescavs-1-17-RC2.wz" MOD from your link, and it works just fine in the new MASTER as well as in v3.2.1 and 3.2.2.

As a totally different matter, would you happen to know why they removed the following options from the new MASTER as well as all v3.2?
1 - Weapons range selector for your units - had 3 options in all previous 2x and 3.1 versions, namely Optimum Range, Short Range, and Long Range
2 - Unit options to: Hold Position, Guard Position, and Pursue.
They only left the Patrol option for all units, and also the Circle option for V-TOLs

I liked those a lot, and I would always set all my units to Long Range and Hold Position.
Although I very rarely use VTOLs, when I do, I always have a squad of up to 10 of them (mixed lancer or scourge, lasers and bombers) circle non-stop somewhere far in front of the entrance to my base, as both an early warning system and a first preemptive strike against any enemy attacks.
NoQ wrote:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=9182&p=135905#p135882

If you download the mod from addons, there's always a "Forum link:" there.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Doruletz wrote:As a totally different matter, would you happen to know why they removed the following options from the new MASTER as well as all v3.2?
1 - Weapons range selector for your units - had 3 options in all previous 2x and 3.1 versions, namely Optimum Range, Short Range, and Long Range
They only left the Patrol option for all units, and also the Circle option for V-TOLs

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12197&p=135429&hili ... rs#p135429

See this topic for questionable reasons why it was removed!

I too want all the lost features back.
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Post by Doruletz »

@Berg:

Hey buddy, thanks for the link.
I went there, voted YES (of course) and also gave them a mouth full about their bogus arguments, especially Per. I don't know why he's so hellbent on dismissing everybody and trying to make us agree that he had just cause to remove those features...

Read here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12197&p=136031#p136027

scroll down, I got like 5 posts on the subject...
Berg wrote:
Doruletz wrote:As a totally different matter, would you happen to know why they removed the following options from the new MASTER as well as all v3.2?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12197&p=135429&hili ... rs#p135429

See this topic for questionable reasons why it was removed!

I too want all the lost features back.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

its my duty
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Post by Doruletz »

Berg wrote:its my duty
Sorry to bother you again, Berg.
I just made and uploaded another map, I was wondering if you have the time to look at it and get it approved.
Thanks.
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Post by Doruletz »

Berg wrote:its my duty
@Berg:

You know me, I get on a roll...
I made another map, in fact it's a variation of the previous one, more balanced, thus suited for a 2 vs 2 vs 2.
Whenever you got time...
Thanks!