3ds to pie (WMIT)

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Xenon
Trained
Trained

3ds to pie (WMIT)

Post by Xenon »

Hello, I created a model in 3DS max, recompile it through WMIT in Pie and then I can not put down connectors for the towers and so on. how can I be? in Pie slicer recompile the file does not open it, I would have been able to put the connectors for the towers. without connectors turret placed not where you need.

If WMIT could recompile Pie in 3DS I could get on the old coordinates of connectors based on a model which is already in the WZ, and everything would be fine. But I would not choose to WMIT just recompile 3ds only to Pie, even Pie in to Pie.

What to do?
Sorry for my english
Berg
Regular
Regular

Re: 3ds to pie (WMIT)

Post by Berg »

I’m not sure what you mean.
Pie files can be open in a text editor scroll right to the bottom and you will see the connector list for old models.
If you have roughly kept the same dimension in your new model to the old then you just need to past this list of connectors to the bottom of your new pie file.

Good luck
Berg

PS connectors do not follow naming convention XYZ they are in order of XZY
PPS Take note of how many are in original file as missing any will delete that turret or effect from the model.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

что является большим нетерпением модель! продолжать идти, вы будете выяснить проблему. :)

That's a great looking model! Keep going, you'll figure out the problem. :)
Xenon
Trained
Trained

Post by Xenon »

im sayd about towers connectors. this is place where tower must be connected to tank body.
When body will be recompiled with WMIT (3ds to pie) model haven't connectors
I can add connectors in pie slicer, but pie slicer can’t open recompiled model after WMIT (3ds to pie), because recompiled model have coordinates: 23.34345 -15.24255 1.5675 – (with point). Pie slicer can open model with coordinates: 23 -15 1 etc.
«If you have roughly kept the same dimension in your new model to the old then you just need to past this list of connectors to the bottom of your new pie file.»
I can’t recompile pie in 3ds WMIT (pie to 3ds) can’t do this, I don’t know why, WMIT recompile pie files only in to pie files XD… if I will can do this, I will comply with the dimensions old models and them use connectors old models
Sorry for my english
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

WMIT is able to save pie files to 3ds and obj so you can load them in 3ds max. Just open a model, choose "save as" and choose 3ds as format. Due to a bug you must also write the extension (".3ds") into the filename, but it should work.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Xenon
Trained
Trained

Post by Xenon »

Thanks, i will try it. im not write .3ds when i want recompile .pie file.
Sorry for my english
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

Xenon wrote:Thanks, i will try it. im not write .3ds when i want recompile .pie file.
WMIT не сохраняет коннекторы. Добавляй их вручную или через Blender.