random stuff

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

random stuff

Post by vexed »

Spyro_Drag wrote:Due to a limit on how long you can edit a post, I've decided to re-make my Thread (you know, to start fresh :stare: ). please give me time as i move any supernatant data from the old thread, including links, and descriptions.

I am doing this, because I've been so inactive that parts of the old thread have become obsolete, and i can no longer update them, these parts include but are not limited too, the maps Text (picture less) description list on the front page, the individual maps description posts (with pictures) and all links. NONE!!! of the links will be working till i can re-load the new maps. <----- THIS WILL TAKE TIME!!!
This is the wrong way to do things.
We have http://addons.wz2100.net for exactly this reason.

The forums were only a temporary solution while we worked on creating addons.

All you do is upload your addons to that part of our site, and then, if you want to list them all, you would do something like
http://addons.wz2100.net/?version=&auth ... il=&bases=
to list only your stuff.

The forum's attachments are *not* backed up, the addon's are.

You can still make thread links from your addons to here as well.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: Spyro_Drag's Maps

Post by vexed »

Spyro_Drag wrote:im not worried about the attachments, but all my maps are uploaded to mediafire. i dont upload them to this site, because i update, and upgrade my maps, and posting links on this forum is easer.
:hmm: How is it easier if you need to recreate your thread, which you admit is going to take a long time ?

For addons, you just upload, fill in description, give a screen shot, and that is pretty much it.
For updates, same thing, you select your old addon, select fix/upgrade and upload the new version.
It really can't get much simpler than that.
plus, im afraid that people would get confused if i uploaded 4 different versions of the same map.if youll notice, many of my maps have version number. although many are old now, and need replaced, i am working to upload my newest , and updated maps.
This is why addons have a checksum for each addon, people know they are getting the correct version, and not something that was modified.
but thank you very much for the tip and guidance, when im done upgrading a map, i will upload them to the addons page, just to make things easer.
Thanks for making content.
We are just trying to use the assets available to us to make things really easy for everyone involved.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Re: Spyro_Drag's Maps

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Its easier, because my mediafire auto syncs with my computer when it detects an internet connection. plus this is the w3ay ive done things for 2 years, and i feel more comfortable doing it this way. also this lets me update a map, without posting it if i feel the update still needs testing and more updating.
Time, it is always moving, even when we stop.
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: random stuff

Post by NoQ »

Well, my reason for editing my map thread is maintaining map packs in the first post (unzip to get all maps by me, addons don't provide that sort of feature yet, even though it might be a good feature request to provide archived download for arbitrary search results).