AI money spending

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
NoQ
Special
Special

AI money spending

Post by NoQ »

As i mentioned here, NullBot3 is still having architecture problems.
In fact i'm now trying to re-think the whole adaptation and money spending algorithm. The problem with NullBot3 (which was not showing up in a simplier NullBot2) is when he knows exactly what he needs to spend money on, but is unable to, for various reasons, and then he needs to decide whether to spend money on something else or save money until the object becomes available.
Well, i did re-think this stuff, more or less. What do you think about the scheme below, guys?
Do you see any obvious bugs?
Asking here cause i think there were at least two attempts on advanced money spending (EggPlant and ShadowBot).

tl;dr: the main difference between this scheme and NullBot (all incarnations) is:
  • No longer do "Make everything occupied, it will queue up money automatically." If we don't have money, do not spend it.
  • No longer do "First find idle lab, then fill it with something". Research has higher priority than building/producing. But we keep only a fixed amount of labs active, depending on our oil income; idle labs will remain idle if we do not have enough oil.
  • No longer do "First find idle factory, then try to make sure it produces something". First of all decide, out of all buildable/producible objects, what do we need the most. Only then build/produce anything at all. Consider tower construction and droid production together rather than separately.
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: AI money spending

Post by NoQ »

v2: i forgot to specify what to do on fundamental and research phase when we have no idle trucks to make a lab or a generator or a derrick. And it's quite important; making a bad decision may lead to really bad bugs.