Map editing & creating HELP needed, see details in post...

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!

Map editing & creating HELP needed, see details in post...

Postby Doruletz » 10 Mar 2017, 08:20

OK, so what I want to do is modify a preexisting map or create a new map from scratch, but with some very special features, read bellow...
I need this map to have the features I've seen on Youtube in the games of the "Winter tournament 2016", namely have the 2 extra nonbelligerent players (spectators or idle players) with the "Satellite Uplink Centers", which allows you to see the whole map without using DEBUG and GOD MODE. I'm assuming that this map will also allow you to enter the game as one of the idle players, to just watch as the game unfolds, since the guy who made the video is NOT playing.
And this is exactly what I want...
I will be Switzerland in WW2 :lol2:
Seriously, I will in fact use this type of map to watch 4 or 6 AI BOTS play against each other, and maybe even enter DEBUG MODE and take over one of them every once in a while...
So basically it's just for fun, and also to get a glimpse into how the AI BOTS think, if you can call it that...

Here is one of the many videos on that channel that shows this type of map:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne612z620Dg&list=PLq-pPN25J3b1dceQthwRKtGWTDpwNln3q

Look on the Map Preview, which you can see before game start, for well over a minute into the video. Those idle players are 4 and 5, at top and bottom of the map.
Around minute 1:30 you see the actual 3D terrain view, as the map loads and, the actual game is about to start...

I'm also posting a couple of snapshots bellow:

Image
Image
What do I think about Window$ ??? Just see my AVATAR...
User avatar
Doruletz
Trained
Trained
 
Posts: 84
Joined: 17 Sep 2015, 06:00
Location: Tennessee, USA

Re: Map editing & creating HELP needed, see details in post.

Postby Doruletz » 10 Mar 2017, 19:16

Figured it out all by myself...
You just make the map as usual, adding 1 or 2 extra players.
Give them a truck and a Command Center which is the minimum required to be included in the game as a player.
Next, add the Satellite Uplink and box them all in real good, somewhere out of the way, either in a corner or by the edge of the map. This way they won't take space needed by the actual players, nor be targeted by any enemy units / radar.
DONE, works like a charm. Having tons of fun with it...
What do I think about Window$ ??? Just see my AVATAR...
User avatar
Doruletz
Trained
Trained
 
Posts: 84
Joined: 17 Sep 2015, 06:00
Location: Tennessee, USA

Re: Map editing & creating HELP needed, see details in post.

Postby William » 12 Mar 2017, 20:24

Doruletz wrote:OK, so what I want to do is modify a preexisting map or create a new map from scratch, but with some very special features, read bellow...
I need this map to have the features I've seen on Youtube in the games of the "Winter tournament 2016", namely have the 2 extra nonbelligerent players (spectators or idle players) with the "Satellite Uplink Centers", which allows you to see the whole map without using DEBUG and GOD MODE. I'm assuming that this map will also allow you to enter the game as one of the idle players, to just watch as the game unfolds, since the guy who made the video is NOT playing.
And this is exactly what I want...
I will be Switzerland in WW2 :lol2:
Seriously, I will in fact use this type of map to watch 4 or 6 AI BOTS play against each other, and maybe even enter DEBUG MODE and take over one of them every once in a while...
So basically it's just for fun, and also to get a glimpse into how the AI BOTS think, if you can call it that...

Here is one of the many videos on that channel that shows this type of map:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne612z620Dg&list=PLq-pPN25J3b1dceQthwRKtGWTDpwNln3q

Look on the Map Preview, which you can see before game start, for well over a minute into the video. Those idle players are 4 and 5, at top and bottom of the map.
Around minute 1:30 you see the actual 3D terrain view, as the map loads and, the actual game is about to start...

I'm also posting a couple of snapshots bellow:

Image
Image
Can I Vote to help u with the map editing? Please??
[flash]<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9YP_3UkCcTw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[flash]
William
Trained
Trained
 
Posts: 131
Joined: 02 Sep 2015, 22:39

Re: Map editing & creating HELP needed, see details in post.

Postby Doruletz » 13 Mar 2017, 11:22

William wrote:Can I Vote to help u with the map editing? Please??
[flash]<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9YP_3UkCcTw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[flash]


William, I'm sorry, but I CANNOT understand what you are trying to say....
What is this Youtube link?? Something about Win7 password recovery, as far as I can understand.
NOTHING whatsoever related to this topic.
What do I think about Window$ ??? Just see my AVATAR...
User avatar
Doruletz
Trained
Trained
 
Posts: 84
Joined: 17 Sep 2015, 06:00
Location: Tennessee, USA

Re: Map editing & creating HELP needed, see details in post.

Postby William » 20 Mar 2017, 23:46

Doruletz wrote:
William wrote:Can I Vote to help u with the map editing? Please??
[flash]<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9YP_3UkCcTw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[flash]


William, I'm sorry, but I CANNOT understand what you are trying to say....
What is this Youtube link?? Something about Win7 password recovery, as far as I can understand.
NOTHING whatsoever related to this topic.

You mean Thsssf youtune link Here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YP_3UkCcTw
Duplicate Post?? Too bad deleting duplicate posts is not possible!
Last edited by William on 20 Mar 2017, 23:56, edited 2 times in total.
William
Trained
Trained
 
Posts: 131
Joined: 02 Sep 2015, 22:39

Re: Map editing & creating HELP needed, see details in post.

Postby William » 20 Mar 2017, 23:48

Doruletz wrote:
William wrote:Can I Vote to help u with the map editing? Please??
[flash]<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9YP_3UkCcTw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[flash]


William, I'm sorry, but I CANNOT understand what you are trying to say....
What is this Youtube link?? Something about Win7 password recovery, as far as I can understand.
NOTHING whatsoever related to this topic.

You mean This youtune link Here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YP_3UkCcTw
William
Trained
Trained
 
Posts: 131
Joined: 02 Sep 2015, 22:39


Return to Mapping / Modding tools & discussions