Art Revolution mod. Latest release: January, 2015

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Re: Art Revolution mod. Latest release: alpha 3 January 20,

Post by MaNGusT »

Per wrote:And with latest master you don't get good performance?
hmm. with 3.1.1? I built viper-wheels-machingun tanks to limit, killed all enemies by cheats and had ~70fps with original models, ~45fps with armod.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

No, with master.
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

NoQ wrote:No, with master.
well, it's good to see that many of speed optimizations weren't lost in time, with latest master and armod the fps count is about 160. During all tests the anti-aliasing was set to 8x and vsync was off. :)
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

A good sign indeed. :) I need to get busy and get back to coding the Campaign JS missions that I've been assigned. Just waiting for the green light from the Dev Team for a Windows-installable build with the major changes mostly done.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

weren't lost in time
Yeah, it's the future where things usually get lost here :D
Just waiting for the green light from the Dev Team for a Windows-installable build with the major changes mostly done.
Recent changes aren't too much blockingly major i think, mostly minor bugfixes :hmm: :geek:
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Anywhere to get master builds for windows? Haven't had time to look into building my own, but I'm interested in the new improvements (including spec map and individual shader support).
Also, any news about the shadow buffer implementation? Still problems with terrain rendering?
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

Jorzi wrote:Anywhere to get master builds for windows?
http://buildbot.wz2100.net/files/master/ :)
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Is there a status page which shows what is left to fix ?
Has anyone tried WZM in MP games ? I am curious if anyone noticed any sync issues with WZM models.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

vexed wrote:Is there a status page which shows what is left to fix ?
Has anyone tried WZM in MP games ? I am curious if anyone noticed any sync issues with WZM models.
Does the latest master have the wzm loader patch committed? And if yes then does it load normals from wzm models? I mean, can we finally use tangent-space normal maps and shader that supports it?
Also, I always wonder, why graphics non-int values are used in netcode? :ninja:
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Jorzi wrote:Also, any news about the shadow buffer implementation? Still problems with terrain rendering?
Yes. I will have another quick look at it, but it looks like a bigger chunk of work.
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

I assume the answer is no (( http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/3905
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Correct, the WZM loader has not been merged. I don't recall the exact status when I last worked on it, but I wasn't entirely happy with the version of the format that iNod was using (I think it was missing some things that were there in the original wzm version), and there was some issue with the bounding box implementation that I couldn't get a satisfactory answer to. So I left it there since I had no time to rework it.
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

the format we came up with was a sort of compromises where all the stuff that never wouldn't be used in wz was removed or wasn't added, afair. We didn't touch animation code since it would brake compatability; removed level's limitation, moved lights option from per model to global(no situations when we have to adjust it separately); moved bounding box values from code to stored in model to speed up the ingame process at highest polys on the screen and ofc mainly added precalculated normals with tangent-space normal mapping support, also added support for specular maps per model.
But yes, I remember you got different minmax_tcen values than I-NoD, that was the reason.
And nobody said that it was the last version of wzm format. That was just a start with minimum what artists need. :)
Alpha93
Trained
Trained

Post by Alpha93 »

Is every blue part of the game HUD supposed to be green in the most recent master build? Because that's what I'm getting with it, while the good ol' 3.1.1 is fine.
Same goes for the rays that come out of trucks being green instead of blue.
Wanted to try running AR on master but this is pretty annoying, to say the least.

Checked the logs and this is what I found:

Code: Select all

--- Starting log [C:\Program Files (x86)\Warzone 2100 Master\Warzone 2100 master\logs\WZlog-1127_150809.txt]---
info    |03:08:09: [realmain:1123] Using C:\Program Files (x86)\Warzone 2100 Master\Warzone 2100 master\logs\WZlog-1127_150809.txt debug file
info    |03:08:11: [pal_Init:51] Buffer overrun reading palette data
info    |03:08:11: [pal_Init:51] Assert in Warzone: piepalette.cpp:51 (lenLeft >= 0), last script event: ''
info    |03:08:11: [pal_Init:51] Assert in Warzone: piepalette.cpp:51 (lenLeft >= 0), last script event: ''
Xfire-->chris37killer
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Alpha93 wrote:....
You have a palette.txt somewhere which is too short being used instead of the official one from master. Perhaps AR has its own piepalette.txt? Try removing it, if so.

I suppose we should handle this more gracefully, and just use defaults for missing colours... but that isn't trivial to implement, unfortunately.